View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 33 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #321
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    It was you compared the non viable fetus to an arm.
    I just used your analogy. that niether would survive without the life forces of the woman.
    Yes I baited you, and you fell into the trap. Now defend your position or admit that a 21 week old fetus is an individual life that is dependent.

  2. #322
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That would be you who is lying.
    First of all you are requoting what you already responded to, and not the reply given to that response.

    I did not say the things you attributed to me in the other reply.
    And when I asked "did I?", which is a challenge to you to prove these things you say I said. You deflect with this nonsense.

    So prove it. Show us all these lies you speak of. Or get on Jerry's truck.


    No it is not.
    It is about giving the man the same right a woman has. An effective right to choose.


    No I do not when it is equally accepted by both.
    So stop spouting nonsense.


    More emotive irrelevant and ridiculous blather from you.
    None of that has anything with equality of choice, and you know damn well it doesn't.
    So stop with the nonsense.
    A man has 100% exactly the same rights and duties - economically and otherwise - as a woman. There are NO exceptions. IF a man became pregnant, he absolutely has a right to an abortion or have the child - and the woman could not dictate to him either way. IF he had the child despite her wanting him to abort it, she still would be economically liable.

    Otherwise, upon birth a woman and man both have an identical economic obligation in law to the child, regardless of who gave birth to it.

    Otherwise, yes I recognize that the welfare of children are irrelevant to you and it all is just a power struggle between the man and the woman to you.

    There is EXACTLY the same legal rights and restrictions. There is NO medical procedure a woman can force a man to undergo nor prevent him from having. There is NO medical procedure a man can force a woman to undergo or prevent her from having.

    The core premise of the OP is a TOTAL LIE.

    There is NO legal inequality WHATSOEVER between men and women in terms of abortion, medical procedures or economic liabilities for children they make. None. NEITHER OF THEM can force the other to undergo any medical procedure the person does not want. NEITHER OF THEM can prevent the other from any medical procedure the person wants. BOTH OF THEM have EXACTLY the same economic liabilities for a child he and she makes.


    The only reason some men see non-existent inequality is because they believe they should have a right to shove women around and make them do what they want them to do for their own sake. And, as we see, some men absolutely don't give a damn about children, including their own.

    If you see it as "unfair" that YOU can't get pregnant against your wishes and then have get to have an abortion, bitch at God or evolution about it.
    Last edited by joko104; 09-14-13 at 02:55 PM.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're a hoot. He has just as much control over his sexuality as she does. When he agrees to the act of sex, he certainly knows that pregnancy is ALWAYS a possibility. If not, then he should not have sex because he is too irresponsible to accept the potential outcomes. It's as simple as that since there is no way to 100% avoid pregnancy other than abstinence.
    Ah hello! We are past that point.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Did I say compacted mass, or just a mass of cells, which it is.
    You said "a clump of cells". A 'clump' is a compacted mass. That's what clump means.

    Rather its a "person" or not, at no point in the pregnancy are the cells compacted. It is never a clump.

  5. #325
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ....


    just like i think RvW should be 21 weeks i think the guy should have a choice to be involved up until say 18 weeks to give the woman an extra 3....

    .
    Just a reminder. Very few abortions take place at or after 20 weeks gestation.
    By 20 weeks gestation a regular D & E can no longer be performed because the skull is too large to fit through the undialted cervix .
    Therefore only a highly skilled, specially trained doctor is allowed to legally perform abortions past the 20 week mark.
    The fetus needs to be given a lethal injection then the doctor insets sticks with medication into the cervix to help the cervix dialate which may take a few days before the fetus can be removed and the abortion completed.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    BS. is right. Birth and child hood issues are private issues, but abortion is already public and as evidence; certain restrictions are already enshrined in the law.
    And those laws came about because of personal beliefs.
    Which should be removed from the equation. And will be, with time.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A man has 100% exactly the same rights and duties - economically and otherwise - as a woman. There are NO exceptions. IF a man became pregnant, he absolutely has a right to an abortion or have the child - and the woman could not dictate to him either way. IF he had the child despite her wanting him to abort it, she still would be economically liable.

    Otherwise, upon birth a woman and man both have an identical economic obligation in law to the child, regardless of who gave birth to it.

    Otherwise, yes I recognize that the welfare of children are irrelevant to you and it all is just a power struggle between the man and the woman to you.

    There is EXACTLY the same legal rights and restrictions. There is NO medical procedure a woman can force a man to undergo nor prevent him from having. There is NO medical procedure a man can force a woman to undergo or prevent her from having.

    The core premise of the OP is a TOTAL LIE.

    There is NO legal inequality WHATSOEVER between men and women in terms of abortion, medical procedures or economic liabilities for children they make. None.
    Great post. Although I don't think anyone is lying, they are just misinterpreting things. A lot of people are looking at this as a man versus woman issue period apparently.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Ah hello! We are past that point.
    No, just because you say we are past that point doesn't mean we accept YOUR explanations. The woman is no more liable for the sex that resulted in said child than the man.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You said "a clump of cells". A 'clump' is a compacted mass. That's what clump means.

    Rather its a "person" or not, at no point in the pregnancy are the cells compacted. It is never a clump.
    Stop with the nonsense Jerry.
    A clump can be a compacted mass. It doesn't have to be though.



    clump (klmp)
    n.
    1. A clustered mass; a lump: clumps of soil.
    2. A thick grouping, as of trees or bushes.
    3. A heavy dull sound; a thud.
    clump - definition of clump by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.


    clump (klŭmp),
    To form into clusters, small aggregations, or groups.
    [A.S. clympre, a lump]
    clump - definition of clump in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yeah. THat would probably have to be a requirement. Thus, there is only one use of the "get out of jail free card".
    We could use it to then encourage men to get a vasectomy first, thus bypassing all the drama. I'm sure a media & adveretising guru could put together a campaign appealing to the male ego representing vasectomy as a manly way to protect his woman and his future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •