View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 30 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #291
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Its an organism, but you don't seem interested in truth.
    It seems that it is more likely that you want to twist the truth.
    Example:
    Did I say it wasn't an organism?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #292
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    what's so hard about that?
    One, sexual drive. Two, an erection.


    Like I said; What is even simpler would be making the woman 100% responsible for the outcome of what she allows into her body.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #293
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which belongs to those that made the decision.
    Not for you to say it is disallowed because of them.
    Any procedure that might impact the mental health of many is a public concern, to be discussed and examined. I wouldn't disallow the decision on that basis in ones own life but when the parties are in disagreement the decision can effect another party. BTW, This runs both directions.

  4. #294
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're comitting the appeal to legality falacy. It was once legal to beat a slave to death. That was murder eventhough it was legal, because a higher law was being broken. It was legal for Saddam to rape women. It was legal under Syerian law to gas its own people. Honor killings are legal in many ME countries, yet that's still murder regardless.

    Elective abortion is murder.
    The fallacy is all yours.
    If it was legal to do, than it is just killing.
    Murder is illegal killing.

    What you are basically saying is that a soldier isn't just killing his opponent, but murdering them. That is wrong and you know it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #295
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, she has as much control as he does regarding what he puts his body parts into.




    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I already stated that you better make damn sure you are ready to face the consequences of your actions, that goes for BOTH parties.
    And she gets to choose, so, so should he.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #296
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Any procedure that might impact the mental health of many is a public concern, to be discussed and examined. I wouldn't disallow the decision on that basis in ones own life but when the parties are in disagreement the decision can effect another party. BTW, This runs both directions.
    Bs. Abortion and birth is a private issue and should remain that way, unless and until the government decides we need more or less people.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post




    And she gets to choose, so, so should he.
    The only reason she chooses is because it's her body. Abortion comes with some risk as well. Also, what if they disagree? What if he wants her to keep the child and she wants to abort it and they can't come to a consensus. Then what? Are you going to force the woman to carry this child that she doesn't want?

  8. #298
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,942

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    ...

    You just equated the "nonviable" fetus to an appendage. Really?
    It was you compared the non viable fetus to an arm.
    I just used your analogy. that niether would survive without the life forces of the woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    ... Now you say if separated from the mother, the fetus has no chance of survival. I would suggest that neither would her arm if she chose to dissect and discard it.
    Last edited by minnie616; 09-14-13 at 02:27 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It seems that it is more likely that you want to twist the truth.
    Example:
    Did I say it wasn't an organism?
    Yes you did. You said it was a clump of cells. "Clump" has a definition. An organism is not a compacted mass, it has structure.

    A fingernail is a clump of cells, not an organism. A ZEF is an organism, not a clump of cells.

    When you call it a clump of cells you are necesseraly divorcing yourself from medical fact.

  10. #300
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Neither mother nor father should be allowed to kill their offspring anymore than they should be allowed to kill a born human, because all humans are created equal and governments should protect the rights of all humans.


    Even if one to ignore that specific angle, the element of gender inequality is also quite significant, and the status quo is misandrist.


    I am told on this forum time and time again that having sex is not consent to making kids, despite the fact that the evolutionary purpose of sexual reproduction is to reproduce sexually and that's logically an outcome you tacitly accept when you engage in hetero vaginal sex...

    ... but then our society expects a father who didn't want kids or a longterm relationship to pay child support. Someone who tells me that having sex is not consent to creating offspring - something I entirely disagree with - cannot then argue for mandatory child support without being a blatant sexist and a hypocrite. By the status quo, having sex is indeed consent to creating offspring... as long as you're a man.


    I would certainly support any and all restrictions on abortion, and that includes not allowing an abortion to go through over the objection of the kid's father - it takes two to make the kid, it shouldn't be permitted for one to unilaterally hire a killer. The question in the OP / thread title presents the same issue as the status quo, neither parent should unilaterally be allowed to destroy the human being they mutually created.


    Ideally, abortion is banned and a father is obliged to provide for his half of any costs of pregnancy and prenatal care, not just for child support once the kid is born.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 09-14-13 at 02:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •