View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 29 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    In all actuality, all you are doing is speaking partisan crap and injecting it where it doesn't belong.
    There are those on both sides of the isle that do not tow the line when it comes to this topic.
    Of course there are exceptions. There are exceptions to most things in life. Despite the exceptions, it is Conservatives who are the champions at limiting abortions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it isn't.
    It is about fairness and not allowing another to burden someone else by their decision.
    Fairness is also on the child's side. If you want to speak fairness, it is not fair to the child to be denied financial support simply because the man didn't want the child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If it was about what was best for the clump of cells, under the prevalent train of thought, abortion would be disallowed except for a few reasons.
    But then again, who is to say that allowing a birth to occur is what is best for the clump of cells? You?
    Sorry, but I can't help that you are incapable of distinguishing between a "clump of cells" in utero, and a living breathing child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    They shouldn't.
    But they do.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That was the crux of my argument!! Fair for everyone involved...
    Exept for the child, who seems to be getting the shaft either way.

    The child has unwed parents who evidently don't get along very well, so right off the bat the child will have to deal with the broken/fatherless home. Add to that the fact that one or both parents are considering having the child killed, or at the very least not providing for the child.

    In some ways, abortion is the only civilised choice, because knowingly having a child in a broken home is child abuse.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Wrong. Both parties involved "burdened" themselves when they had sex and took the risk. One is not more innocent in this than the other.
    Wrong!
    She controls her body. She controls what she allows into it.
    She had and has absolute control.


    And it was about having sex. Nothing more.

    And we are past that point, to where she can choose, but he can't. A choice that may burden him when it should not. That is unfair and needs to be rectified.
    He should also have an effective right to choose just as she does.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #284
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Nice of you to address my prayer rather than the substance of what I said related to the issue of responsibility. But in respect to your ChrisL response, I believe you are under the mistaken impression that the only cost one can pay is financial, there are also long lasting emotional and psychological costs associated with abortion.
    Which belongs to those that made the decision.
    Not for you to say it is disallowed because of them.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong!
    She controls her body. She controls what she allows into it.
    She had and has absolute control.
    Yes, she has as much control as he does regarding what he puts his body parts into.

    And it was about having sex. Nothing more.
    And with sex, just as with smoking and other completely voluntary activities, there are inherent risks involved that you are not immune from should you choose to engage in such activities.

    And we are past that point, to where she can choose, but he can't. A choice that may burden him when it should not. That is unfair and needs to be rectified.
    He should also have an effective right to choose just as she does.
    I already stated that you better make damn sure you are ready to face the consequences of your actions, that goes for BOTH parties.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Really?
    Please point out the law that says it is.

    You want to call it killing. Go ahead. But it is not murder.
    You're comitting the appeal to legality falacy. It was once legal to beat a slave to death. That was murder eventhough it was legal, because a higher law was being broken. It was legal for Saddam to rape women. It was legal under Syerian law to gas its own people. Honor killings are legal in many ME countries, yet that's still murder regardless.

    Elective abortion is murder.

  7. #287
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It is understood why it came about. The ruling then allows her to arbitrarily decide if he should be burdened. That is neither fair or right. Especially when she is allowed not to burden herself if she so chooses.
    She should not be able to make a decision that burdens him. That is wrong.
    Which is why he should have the same effective right.


    There is no g_d involved here, nor should there be.
    Times change. Laws need to keep up with the changes.




    What is even simpler would be making the woman 100% responsible for the outcome of what she allows into her body.


    We are past that point.
    She is pregnant and presently gets to arbitrarily decide whether or not to burden the man. Which is wrong and unfair
    Giving the man an effective right removes the unfairness.



    Any man who doesn't want to be responsible for the support of a baby shouldn't engage in activity that produces babies.

    All that he has to do is keep his penis in his pants, what's so hard about that?

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong.
    It is a medical fact that it is human cells. Nothing more.
    It is not a child yet, but only has the potential to become one. That is the medical fact.
    Its an organism, but you don't seem interested in truth.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Any man who doesn't want to be responsible for a baby should avoid engaging in activity that produces babies.

    Pretty simple, eh?
    That's what I did. Its been 7 years and so far I haven't gotten anyone pregnant.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course there are exceptions. There are exceptions to most things in life. Despite the exceptions, it is Conservatives who are the champions at limiting abortions.
    And it is still crap as a generalization.
    If you want to call out a specific persons hypocrisy do so. Don't generalize because in this topic covers the spectrum from both sides of the isle.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Fairness is also on the child's side. If you want to speak fairness, it is not fair to the child to be denied financial support simply because the man didn't want the child.
    No one is denying a child support.

    It is being defined, by choice, as from whom it comes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Sorry, but I can't help that you are incapable of distinguishing between a "clump of cells" in utero, and a living breathing child.
    Apparently you don't know that that clump of cells is not a living breathing child.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But they do.
    No they shouldn't.
    This is nothing but a line of thought that will change with time.

    Presently they do not outweigh a woman's right to choose. And in the ,it will not outweigh a man's right to choose either.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •