View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 20 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #191
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    The woman is responsible also. Where did I say she wasn't? Both should be.
    Yet you're granting her an out, while refusing to grant the man an out.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #192
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's nice. Thanks for sharing.
    You are welcome, especially as it puts your comment into proper perspective.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #193
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Because someone has to pay and there is no reason it should be me. Or are you advocating the government and/or the man killing the child upon birth?
    Yup, the woman can pay. If she can't afford it, then she has no business having it in the first place. Personal responsibility belongs to everyone.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #194
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are doing nothing but speaking and arguing emotion.

    It is pointless because she is full of double speak as what she says applies to men and but not women as Henrin pointed out.

    It is pointless because she speaks of responsibility of how the pregnancy came about, which is irrelevant to the fact of where we are at, that a woman gets to choose whether or not to burden herself as well as the man with the raising of a child.
    She should only get to choose to burden herself, and not the other. She should not be able to choose for him.
    He should be able to choose just like she does whether or not he wants that burden.


    Under the system you prefer, she would not get this choice either. But that is not the way it is.

    Under the current system she does get to choose, so the man should also be able to choose whether or not he wants the burden and not have it forced on him by her. That is equality.
    On and on and on you declare the irrelevancy of children and parenting. Just a feud between the mother and father to you. Nothing else.

    In your view, then, my birth and fate was PERFECTION! Both abandoned me at birth totally and neither ever paid a dime. Utopian perfection in your model because parenting is only about $$$ and how to not pay it and to avoid all other responsibility if you don't want the child you made.

    In your ethics and model, ONE ideal society would be if every parent abandoned their children and legally could do so. That is your perfect equality society. And, as you say, no one would have to pay a dollar for the children either because people don't pay for children, they only pay taxes. And parents are irrelevant to children otherwise in your opinion.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are welcome, especially as it puts your comment into proper perspective.
    Opinion isn't context. Its a child from conseption. Thats just a medical fact. That you "disagree" means nothing. Go ahead and "disagree", that's like disagreeing that 1+1=2. Knock yourself out.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    On and on and on you declare the irrelevancy of children and parenting. Just a feud between the mother and father to you. Nothing else.

    In your view, then, my birth and fate was PERFECTION! Both abandoned me at birth totally and neither ever paid a dime. Utopian perfection in your model because parenting is only about $$$ and how to not pay it and to avoid all other responsibility if you don't want the child you made.

    In your ethics and model, ONE ideal society would be if every parent abandoned their children and legally could do so. That is your perfect equality society. And, as you say, no one would have to pay a dollar for the children either because people don't pay for children, they only pay taxes. And parents are irrelevant to children otherwise in your opinion.
    There you go arguing from emotion again.

    Nothing you said is factually true. Never did I say children or parenting were irrelevant, did I?

    The rest is just emotive blather.

    This is about equality and choice.
    We already have women choosing. That isn't going to change.
    It is time that men have the same effective right also.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #197
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Opinion isn't context. Its a child from conseption. Thats just a medical fact. That you "disagree" means nothing. Go ahead and "disagree", that's like disagreeing that 1+1=2. Knock yourself out.
    And you are wrong.
    It is a medical fact that it is human cells. Nothing more.
    It is not a child yet, but only has the potential to become one. That is the medical fact.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #198
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Should a man have an absolute right to have his baby aborted?

    In the alternative, should he be granted relief from all legal responsibility if it is his clearly stated wish to abort but the woman decides not to?

    Let me preface my remarks with this disclaimer; I am Pro-Choice and I support a woman’s absolute right to choose to have an abortion for several reasons, including the fact it is the woman who must endure the pregnancy to carry the child to term, and then follows the lifelong responsibility to raise and care for any child born.

    The dilemma occurs when the woman unilaterally decides to have the baby, even when the male does not wish to accept that long-term responsibility.

    In a recent news report, a young man was so desperate not to have a child that he tricked his girlfriend into taking a morning after pill. Now I do not support or condone this action, but it does bring up the thesis issue for me…why does the male partner have no say in a decision to keep the baby?

    When a woman makes the unilateral decision to keep the baby this then compels lifelong legal and emotional obligations on the part of the unwilling father. This creates resentment and recriminations in both parties. By attempting to force the man to marry and/or support both her and the child this only serves to create a negative environment for all concerned, especially for any child to grow up in.

    Since we now have a simple method of aborting in the early stages of the first trimester, without needing an invasive surgery, why should the absolute choice to keep the baby reside with the mother? If it does, why can’t the man be legally relieved of further responsibility to both parties?

    I have offered several voting options, please pick and then explain what do you think? I am especially interested in arguments for why the woman has the sole right to keep the child while making the man permanently responsible.
    All men *do* have the right to have an abortion

    whenever they get pregnant

    Letting a man have any say over a womans right to choose to have an abortion is like allowing women to have a say over a man's right to have testicular cancer operated on
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong.
    I am neither right nor wrong. I concure with medical science. You are disagreeing with the diciplin of biology on when the life cycle of the organism begins. Good luck with that.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I am neither right nor wrong. I concure with medical science. You are disagreeing with the diciplin of biology on when the life cycle of the organism begins. Good luck with that.
    Wrong!
    You are disagreeing with medical science. It is not a child when it is just a clump of cells.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •