View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 17 of 150 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #161
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Deadbeat dad's claiming life is so unfair to them are as despicable as it gets in my opinion of it.
    I think you are overstepping the line with your accusations here.

    Show me one father in this forum who advocates this and is a deadbeat, a child abuser or who has abandoned.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #162
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    .
    It may be her body but it is his seed. The anatomical differences to not determine the level of responsibility.

    She allowed herself to be penetrated without protection on it. That is all her fault.
    What other choices do you let people make for you so that you can avoid taking responsibility?

    we are at the point where she gets to choose whether she has a child or not.The man should be given the same effective right to choose
    Most of us are bound to work within the parameters of reality. Meaning, at what point can a man successfully control whether or not a child results. When he decides to use condom. If he decides not to he is responsible for the results. Whatever they are.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  3. #163
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    I am sure glad that we have a government then because if people get to pick what they want their tax dollars to go to then we are in a heap of trouble. How about you think about it this way? Since you don't fund the entire government or any one governmental program, why don't you just pick a favorite government program and think all of your tax dollars go there. I personally just pay taxes for the NIH and NSF to fund cool research. My tax dollars fund nothing else of within the government. My state taxes, go to building highways. And my local taxes, go to funding teachers. This way your tax dollars don't pay for these deadbeat parents; other people's tax dollars do.
    Once again, that is absurd logic. Under your theory, government could spend 100,000 Trillion dollars and it cost me nothing, because "other people pay it."

    Of course, we need to begin this with we both agreeing you don't give a **** about actually parenting a child. It's all just about money to you. In your opinion, no child even needs a parent. Just tax money that nobody has to actually pay.

    When I write about "deadbeat dads" and "deadbeat parents," I do NOT just mean economic deadbeats. I mean parents who do not meet their total obligations as a parent.

  4. #164
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Once again, that is absurd logic. Under your theory, government could spend 100,000 Trillion dollars and it cost me nothing, because "other people pay it."

    Of course, we need to begin this with we both agreeing you don't give a **** about actually parenting a child. It's all just about money to you. In your opinion, no child even needs a parent. Just tax money that nobody has to actually pay.

    When I write about "deadbeat dads" and "deadbeat parents," I do NOT just mean economic deadbeats. I mean parents who do not meet their total obligations as a parent.
    I don't know your tax burden but, actually, yes the government spends trillions. And because I don't put in trillions, I get to "determine" (mentally at least) where my taxes go.

  5. #165
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It may be her body but it is his seed. The anatomical differences to not determine the level of responsibility.



    What other choices do you let people make for you so that you can avoid taking responsibility?


    Most of us are bound to work within the parameters of reality. Meaning, at what point can a man successfully control whether or not a child results. When he decides to use condom. If he decides not to he is responsible for the results. Whatever they are.
    It is apparent what these pro-life (fake pro-life) men are arguing - and the collection of lies within that - not just the total hypocrisy proving they are not "pro-life' at all. Rather, it is singularly about power over the woman.

    By law, the biological mother as 100% exactly the same financial responsibility as the man when the child is born. They whine and sob and rage in total narcissism about themselves as men - instantly becoming radical pro-abortion and claiming THEY are being picked on - when the EXACT financial obligation exists for the woman.

    Since they reveal their singular view of parenting is ONLY about $$$, let's hope they aren't and don't become biological parents. They appear to have total contempt for being one.

  6. #166
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    I don't know your tax burden but, actually, yes the government spends trillions. And because I don't put in trillions, I get to "determine" (mentally at least) where my taxes go.
    Amazing how many men think parenting is only about money - and how to get out of even that parental duty.

  7. #167
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Amazing how many men think parenting is only about money - and how to get out of even that parental duty.
    Sex isn't about procreating the last time I heard the pro-abortion side talk. Your argument is pretty illogical. Unless you are against abortion completely. A woman shouldn't be able to abort her responsibility if a man can't.

    Btw, I actually do agree with you on something things but not with your patronizing tude. Parents who don't understand what parenting is shouldn't be parents and should protect themselves. People should have sex with protection and, if a dad or a woman is a deadbeat parent, they should be thrown in jail. But I don't see a man in college who has a one night stand as a deadbeat. Nor do I see that woman as whore. Mistakes happen; contraception can fail.

    My argument though is theoretical, if women has choice so should men. I wish people were better too but they are not.
    Last edited by hallam; 09-14-13 at 01:23 AM.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It may be her body but it is his seed.

    I did say nitty-gritty.
    It is seed she allowed into herself.
    Her body, her control. Her fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    What other choices do you let people make for you so that you can avoid taking responsibility?
    WTF are you going on about?
    If I allow someone to stick their part into me unprotected, I am responsible because I allowed it.


    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Most of us are bound to work within the parameters of reality.
    So stop ignoring the fact that she gets a choice and he doesn't.

    He should be entitled to the same effective choice she has.


    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Meaning, at what point can a man successfully control whether or not a child results. When he decides to use condom. If he decides not to he is responsible for the results. Whatever they are.
    Her body, she decides what goes into it. Not him.
    She is far is more responsible for any pregnancy that results. Not that this matters to the current topic of choice. As it is irrelevant.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #169
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    I did say nitty-gritty.
    It is seed she allowed into herself.
    Her body, her control. Her fault.

    WTF are you going on about?
    If I allow someone to stick their part into me unprotected, I am responsible because I allowed it.

    So stop ignoring the fact that she gets a choice and he doesn't.

    He should be entitled to the same effective choice she has.
    Her body, she decides what goes into it. Not him.
    She is far is more responsible for any pregnancy that results. Not that this matters to the current topic of choice. As it is irrelevant.
    This is pointless.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #170
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    I have been pretty clear. I advocate for restrictions once a child is viable. Viability actually can restrict abortion, maybe, even up to the 23 week. And this time gets shorter and shorter with the advancement of medicine which I funded with my tax dollars.

    But that isn't the law of the land. The law of the land says that a woman can abort up until delivery. And in this legal reality, men should be given the choice too.
    So if you can't get what you want about abortion and women, then you want the right to abortions too? Obviously you are NOT pro-life and do NOT oppose abortion. Few men who claim the oppose abortion on the forum actually do oppose abortion.

    LITERALLY, if you can't get what you want, then your attitude is "ABORT IT!"

    Thus, the most bizarre and hypocritical claims over and over and over on the forum by the FAUX pro-life men. To declare "abortion is murder" - but also claim "IF SHE GETS TO KILL MY UNBORN BABY THEN I GET TO KILL MY UNBORN BABY TOO!!!"

    No, you're not against abortion. You don't care about the "child" - born or unborn. You're against not having power over women. And because you don't have it, you want the right to abortion you unborn baby. You're not even a little bit pro-life or opposed to abortion. Obviously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •