View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #1441
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Looking isn't stalking.

    If you're talking about some guy who bangs random female strangers he just met, I could see how that man could lose contact with the girl. However, by having sex with such women, he has demonstrated a lack of concern about the possible offspring he has created.
    Now we're talkin'. Good old fashioned slut-shaming. Way to be a hypocrite.

    Because it's not like people ever break up, right? It must be that the guy is just a slut, by whatever your criteria are, and he deserves what he gets.

  2. #1442
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    It's a completely true statement. She can relinquish her parental rights, can she not? Again, have you forgotten about adoption?

    There is an enormous distinction. The woman can do virtually anything. The man can do virtually nothing.
    There is total equality on adoption. The woman can not give away a born baby for adoption without the bio-father's consent, and visa versa.

    Once the child is born, in most states there is NO distinction of legal duties and rights between the man and the woman. Courts tend to show a custody preference for women particularly for young children, but that generally is not based in law.

  3. #1443
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Now we're talkin'. Good old fashioned slut-shaming. Way to be a hypocrite.

    Because it's not like people ever break up, right? It must be that the guy is just a slut, by whatever your criteria are, and he deserves what he gets.
    Not sure which you mean, but I'm pretty sure if he was shaming anyone it was slutty men, not women. I imagine he probably dates women who have the decency to let people know if they become a father. I say father for lack of a better term in case you were thinking nitpicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  4. #1444
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There is total equality on adoption. The woman can not give away a born baby for adoption without the bio-father's consent, and visa versa.

    Once the child is born, in most states there is NO distinction of legal duties and rights between the man and the woman. Courts tend to show a custody preference for women particularly for young children, but that generally is not based in law.
    That's true in theory, but in practice, like I said, it's relatively easy for a woman to get around the consent of the bio father.

    So, in practice, women do have the ability to unilaterally give up their rights to a child.

    Courts show more than a "preference" for the woman. I've seen it plenty. If there's a battle, the courts will often prefer a troubled woman over a fit man, simply because she is a woman, and a man better be prepared to lose everything but the shirt on his back if he wants to win. It can be done, but it's very, very difficult. And that is yet another problem that we have in this country as regards men's rights in reproduction and parenting.

  5. #1445
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Not sure which you mean, but I'm pretty sure if he was shaming anyone it was slutty men, not women. I imagine he probably dates women who have the decency to let people know if they become a father. I say father for lack of a better term in case you were thinking nitpicking.
    Yes, that's my point.

    Is it somehow more acceptable to slut shame men? Since when did that happen?

  6. #1446
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Yes, that's my point.

    Is it somehow more acceptable to slut shame men? Since when did that happen?
    LOL men are typically the slutty ones so yes. We deserve it. I couldn't tell it was your point because I couldn't even figure out what you two were actually disagreeing on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  7. #1447
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    LOL men are typically the slutty ones so yes. We deserve it. I couldn't tell it was your point because I couldn't even figure out what you two were actually disagreeing on.
    Men deserve to have bad things wished on them because you don't like their sexual behavior?

    Sorry, gotta disagree.

  8. #1448
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Men deserve to have bad things wished on them because you don't like their sexual behavior?

    Sorry, gotta disagree.
    You're taking me way too seriously. No one's wishing bad things on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  9. #1449
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Now we're talkin'. Good old fashioned slut-shaming. Way to be a hypocrite.

    Because it's not like people ever break up, right? It must be that the guy is just a slut, by whatever your criteria are, and he deserves what he gets.
    I said nothing about the fathers morals, and certainly did not use the word "slut". Funny how your mind goes there

    And I have broken up with females. That doesn't mean that I lost all contact with them.

    And the father doesn't "deserve what he gets". What he does *NOT* get is the ability to shirk his responsibility to support any children he produces.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1450
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Yes, that's my point.

    Is it somehow more acceptable to slut shame men? Since when did that happen?
    Where did I "shame" anybody?

    Please identify the word or words that I used that you imagine equate to "slut shaming"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •