View Poll Results: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to abort his baby?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only during the first 20 weeks, same as a woman.

    3 2.97%
  • Yes, but only during the initial period when a non-invasive technique works.

    0 0%
  • No, but he should have the right to be legally relieved of all responsibility.

    50 49.50%
  • NO! Only the woman has this right and he remains responsible.

    21 20.79%
  • I oppose all abortion, so neither have the right.

    22 21.78%
  • I Don't Know.

    5 4.95%
Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1494

Thread: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    So your beef is that women have more options then men? How about premenstrual medications? Do you have a beef because women have more options with those too?
    We are talking about abortion vs. having a child. Does your point relate to that? Because I don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That what is a bad thing? Honestly... not following you. I think that women having an abortion, exercising their right, is fine. Sticking a guy with 18 years is not fine.
    But it's ok to "stick the woman with 18 years?"

  3. #1143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Being pro-life wasn't the only criteria. It is the dastardly combination of being both pro-life AND believing that men should have the right to evade supporting their own child.
    Kind of like how you're pro-choice and for government imposed child support.

  4. #1144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But it's ok to "stick the woman with 18 years?"
    She had her choice and she made it. Enough said.

  5. #1145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    We are talking about abortion vs. having a child. Does your point relate to that? Because I don't see it.
    You just complained that women have more options than men. That was your complaint. You said, birth control fails, the woman has another option but then man does not. So at this point, your complaint comes down to the woman having more options. So what about in other things? Things like premenstrual medication, which is for women, not for men. Do you have a problem with medications where women have more choices than men?

  6. #1146
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    But it's ok to "stick the woman with 18 years?"
    Nobody can stick it to the woman since she can abort... THAT IS THE WHOLE ****ING POINT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #1147
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That what is a bad thing? Honestly... not following you. I think that women having an abortion, exercising their right, is fine. Sticking a guy with 18 years is not fine.
    My mistake. I thought you were making the argument that abortion being birth control rather than emergency life saving medical procedure (which it still sometimes is) somehow sullies it and is some kind of sneaky agenda conspiracy thing. Some people argue that. I thought you were. Carry on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right... but women want ALL the choices, ALL of the power and in order for that to happen men have to get NO choices and have NO power...
    Which actually seems quite fair, since society puts an obligation on women to actually give up those aforementioned 18 years to raise a child, while the most it demands from men is part of their paychecks. Meanwhile, women get pregnant and men don't. It sounds like women get all the responsibility already. Why shouldn't they get all the choice?

    Either way, since she is the one who gets pregnant and the fetus lives in her body, there's really no possible way to say any person besides her has the right to decide on whether or not she obtains an abortion. There is just no way to make the argument that she doesn't have that absolute right and that other situations don't involve a person losing control of their body as well.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #1148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nobody can stick it to the woman since she can abort... THAT IS THE WHOLE ****ING POINT!
    Do you not understand that abortion isn't an option for many women? So it's ok to "stick them for 18 years" while the guy bears absolutely no responsibility at all?

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You just complained that women have more options than men. That was your complaint. You said, birth control fails, the woman has another option but then man does not. So at this point, your complaint comes down to the woman having more options. So what about in other things? Things like premenstrual medication, which is for women, not for men. Do you have a problem with medications where women have more choices than men?
    Options (I think I said "choices") regarding birth control failure. When men start having menstrual cramps ask me your question again...

    I love it when people try to tell me what my point is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1150
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Should a Man have an Absolute Right to Choose to Abort His Baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Do you not understand that abortion isn't an option for many women? So it's ok to "stick them for 18 years" while the guy bears absolutely no responsibility at all?
    Why isn't abortion an option for many women...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •