View Poll Results: Loving/hating a black President

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 80.00%
  • No

    6 17.14%
  • Maybe

    1 2.86%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104

Thread: Loving/hating a black President

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Loving/hating a black President

    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    Ether side of the question is "racist" because a person is basing their decision on race.

  3. #3
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Ether side of the question is "racist" because a person is basing their decision on race.
    Is that a 'yes'?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #4
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    I think it is part of the same process as people form loyalties or antipathies around identity.

    As to either, I imagine the love/hate probably exists in fairly equal measure on one side of the equation as it does the other, and the expression probably follows some sort of inverted bell curve in degrees of intensity.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I think it is part of the same process as people form loyalties or antipathies around identity.

    As to either, I imagine the love/hate probably exists in fairly equal measure on one side of the equation as it does the other, and the expression probably follows some sort of inverted bell curve in degrees of intensity.
    I disagree.

    I think there are very few people, if any, who dislike Pres. Obama because he's black whereas there seems to be plenty of people who like him for that reason. I don't see much difference between the two but I suppose most liberal positions come with a double standard.
    Last edited by Dapper Andy; 09-13-13 at 12:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    I do not support this president.
    Has nothing to do with his race.
    I can mention many blacks that I would vote for.
    Actually running out of white guys I would vote for.

  7. #7
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    When I voted for Obama in 2008, I didn't choose him for being black but I did feel I got a bonus because I've been involved in civil rights all my life. When I didn't vote for him in 2012 I didn't give any thought to his race, only to his (disappointing) performance.

    I doubt that my perspective is unique. After 8 years of Bush, I would have voted for Satan (red). I actually admired McCain but between his choice of Palin and his "hundred year war" comments, I couldn't risk another dull witted presidency so Obama was the only option.

    The next election will be challenging. After 8 years of Obama, I'll probably want to vote for Satan again

  8. #8
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    I disagree.

    I think there are very few people, if any, who dislike Pres. Obama because he's black whereas there seems to be plenty of people who like him for that reason. I don't see much difference between the two but I suppose most liberal positions come with a double standard.
    Spoken as a true partisan hack.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #9
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    I disagree.

    I think there are very few people, if any, who dislike Pres. Obama because he's black whereas there seems to be plenty of people who like him for that reason. I don't see much difference between the two but I suppose most liberal positions come with a double standard.
    Typical con strawman. If that were true, wouldn't Hermann Cain be President? Why does the right have a hard on for Dr. Carson? He doesn't say anything white guys don't say.

    Democrats like Democrats and Republicans like Republicans. They both hate the other side. It usually has nothing to do with race.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #10
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    I thought President Obama was half-and-half, even in terms the racist nutters understand. But I suppose it is like Hitler with Jews - a Jew is someone with one Jewish grandparent, who is the grandson of someone with one Jewsiish grandparent and so on back to Adam, or whoever. Why do they let the silly buggers out?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •