View Poll Results: Loving/hating a black President

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 80.00%
  • No

    6 17.14%
  • Maybe

    1 2.86%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Loving/hating a black President

  1. #81
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    While dining out tonight, I heard an old fella nearby say to someone else, "I'm not going to let a Muslim president tell me what to do." He then proceeded to explain to whoever he was talking to that Obama is deliberately destroying the country for his religion. Never mentioned that Obama is black.

  2. #82
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    doesn't have to

  3. #83
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The one that kicked your ass. Washington. And he didn't even want the job.

    This one we have now is showing his weaknesses daily.

    Hesitation, Delay, and Unreliability | The Weekly Standard
    Your sexual obsession with donkeys is rather alarming. What else do you do in your free time? I thought you were supposed to be fighting the Germans back then, but American history teaching is a bit beyond me, fair play.

  4. #84
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    He is one-sixth white, one-sixth black and two-thirds red. It is that red part that is the problem.
    Republican? Yes - I tend to agree - one of the most right-wing presidents since the Nineteenth Century, certainly.

  5. #85
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Your sexual obsession with donkeys is rather alarming. What else do you do in your free time? I thought you were supposed to be fighting the Germans back then, but American history teaching is a bit beyond me, fair play.
    Pardon me if you're not British.

    Yes you do need to brush up on your history of America. You seemed to have forgotten anything you might have known before.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is that a 'yes'?
    Perhaps the more honest question should be, "do you love/hate him because he is dishonest/stupid/racist himself?"..

  7. #87
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman909 View Post
    Perhaps the more honest question should be, "do you love/hate him because he is dishonest/stupid/racist himself?"..
    That would just be a different question.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #88
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,368

    Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That would just be a different question.
    How can you tell, no question was asked?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  9. #89
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Pardon me if you're not British.

    Yes you do need to brush up on your history of America. You seemed to have forgotten anything you might have known before.
    Oh, I know the history of America okay - its the brainwashing bull**** you go in for as 'education' that's the baffling thing.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I would disagree.

    I voted for Sen. Obama because I believed he was the best candidate with the right agenda for the country coming into the 2008 presidency. It is unfortunate, however, that he's had to deal with so many problematic issues that I don't believe any President has had to deal with since FDR. (Frankly, I think the only reason the country really hasn't bounced back fully is because the opposition hasn't been forced to decide which side of the social/moral issues they truly support, or to put it bluntly "the wealth-class and corporate America or the people-at-large". But I'll save that for another debate where I can articulate my views better and in more detail. As for the point of the thread...)

    Certainly I recognized that Sen. Obama was Black, but I believed him to be the most "credible and qualified" Black candidate to come along in a long time since Shirly Chisholm (1972 Democratic Party Nominee)...still do. (Can't stand Jesse Jackson, Sr. but between Chisholm and Obama, that's all most African Americans had to identify with as a "viable" presidential candidate.) So, yes, I support this President. And yes, I think he's made some mistakes. But in the grand scheme of things I give him credit where credit is do and am not too quick to jump on him if "change" or improvements in the overall state of domestic issues doesn't come quickly enough or exactly the way I'd like them to be.

    I'm wise enough to know that the President is only the "image" for the country and sets the country's agenda throughout his term. Congress represents the people. And, thus, there is always a "process" to invoke change. And sometimes that process is very slooooow...more often than not it's made that way on purpose due to all sorts of political wrangling that sometimes purposefully bogs down the wheels of progression.
    What did Sen. Obama say or do to make you think he was the best cantidate? What had he done in his past to make you think that?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •