View Poll Results: Loving/hating a black President

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 80.00%
  • No

    6 17.14%
  • Maybe

    1 2.86%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 104

Thread: Loving/hating a black President

  1. #51
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Who has a hard on for Carson and Cain? Not I. Both are self made men who represent much of what I believe in.
    There are posters here who certainly have a man crush for Dr. Carson.

    But I'd like to know why anybody considers him a serious candidate, when what he says has been said by at least 1000 other Republicans?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I thought President Obama was half-and-half, even in terms the racist nutters understand. But I suppose it is like Hitler with Jews - a Jew is someone with one Jewish grandparent, who is the grandson of someone with one Jewsiish grandparent and so on back to Adam, or whoever. Why do they let the silly buggers out?
    He is one-sixth white, one-sixth black and two-thirds red. It is that red part that is the problem.

  3. #53
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Good afternoon to you, too. Excellent point. The idea that if not one, then the other must apply is nothing more than trolling when emotions are considered. We have a full range - those of us who remain emotionally stable. I've just been reading here today for the most part. Not much new, really, so not much to say. I'm bored, and considering actually going to work. It's finally cooling off here. That's exciting.
    Where did you get the notion that it was an "either/or" question? Some people are at either extreme, and most people are somewhere in the middle. This question only addresses the relative few who occupy the extremes.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #54
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Where did you get the notion that it was an "either/or" question? Some people are at either extreme, and most people are somewhere in the middle. This question only addresses the relative few who occupy the extremes.
    I apologize, but I think you prove my point in the bolded section. I'll also offer you another apology in that I shouldn't have posted anything at all to start with. My bad.

  5. #55
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    \
    Except people have no problem talking about how happy they are to vote for a black person. Even in this thread we didn't get more than just a handful of posts before we got to Pres. Obama's skin color being a happy "bonus".
    Spoken like a young person who doesn't remember white and colored water fountains.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Spoken like a young person who doesn't remember white and colored water fountains.
    What's your point?

  7. #57
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I apologize, but I think you prove my point in the bolded section. I'll also offer you another apology in that I shouldn't have posted anything at all to start with. My bad.
    Most people would agree that not voting for a person based solely on the basis of race would be bad, ignorant, stupid, whatever.

    The opposite happens as well, yet does not get the same kind of scrutiny, and certainly not the same level of outrage or condemnation, even though the reason for doing so is virtually the same. So, I wondered if most people, and DP comprising a pretty decent cross-section, would equate the two.

    I did see one post that had a good point regarding the bringing closer the issue of overall racial inequality, and that is a valid point. However, it seems to me that other than that, both extreme points-of-view ignore qualifications and competency, which... one would think... should be of primary importance.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #58
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    Yes. The person who supports Obama just because he is black and the person who dislikes Obama just because he is black are equally stupid.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I always find it highly amusing when I point out similarities in two different highly partisan positions only to elicit comments wagging fingers at only one side while denying it for the other. If that isn't the very embodiment of partisanship, I don't know what is.

    Your response in true dittohead fashion about "liberals" this and that belies any protests you might make about not being partisan.When you react to a posting that ISN'T partisan and make it one, such insincere claims become downright laughable.
    You haven't pointed out similarities in anything.

    You closed your eyes, covered your ears, and began shouting "PARTISAN!" like a buffoon.

    Pointing out that the liberal position on using the word nigger or whether colleges should be allowed to use race to determine enrollment varies depending on the race in question doesn't make me a partisan. You're just a buffoon who is upset at the original question which should tell us all we need to know on the subject.

  10. #60
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    What's your point?
    My point was your comment about my comment. With more life experience you wouldn't have quoted me out of context. You might have understood what I was trying to say instead of trying to make your point misusing my words.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •