View Poll Results: Loving/hating a black President

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 80.00%
  • No

    6 17.14%
  • Maybe

    1 2.86%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104

Thread: Loving/hating a black President

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Spoken as a true partisan hack.
    I'm not particularly partisan at all.

    Much of what liberals support just depends on the race, gender, sexuality, etc. of the person.

  2. #12
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    What is the question?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Typical con strawman. If that were true, wouldn't Hermann Cain be President? Why does the right have a hard on for Dr. Carson? He doesn't say anything white guys don't say.

    Democrats like Democrats and Republicans like Republicans. They both hate the other side. It usually has nothing to do with race.
    I'm not particularly conservative but Herman Cain isn't President because he didn't win a presidential election.

  4. #14
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    I disagree.

    I think there are very few people, if any, who dislike Pres. Obama because he's black whereas there seems to be plenty of people who like him for that reason. I don't see much difference between the two but I suppose most liberal positions come with a double standard.
    A person who hates a President because he's black has generally learned over time to not state so publicly, because you simply catch a lot of crap for it.

    A person who loves a President because he's black would generally never say so because even they know it's so shallow, but if you observe them close enough over time, and take what they say over time as a whole, you can still tell.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    more has voted for Obama for the only reason he is black caused by white guilt then not voted for him because he is black caused by being a racist

  6. #16
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Yes, it's the same. If color of skin determines one's emotional response, then the emotion itself doesn't really matter as much as the motivating factor.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    A person who hates a President because he's black has generally learned over time to not state so publicly, because you simply catch a lot of crap for it.
    That's just a partisan cop out.

    A person who loves a President because he's black would generally never say so because even they know it's so shallow, but if you observe them close enough over time, and take what they say over time as a whole, you can still tell.
    Except people have no problem talking about how happy they are to vote for a black person. Even in this thread we didn't get more than just a handful of posts before we got to Pres. Obama's skin color being a happy "bonus".

  8. #18
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Love President West or Cain or Connie Rice.

    Am tepid on President Colin Powell

    Hate President Obama

    What does color have to do with anything.

  9. #19
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,210

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    Not necessarily. If you believe that overcoming racial divides is an important issue in America and that electing a black president would do that it's not really a good reason to vote for president, but its better than voting for someone because they aren't black
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •