View Poll Results: Loving/hating a black President

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 80.00%
  • No

    6 17.14%
  • Maybe

    1 2.86%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Loving/hating a black President

  1. #91
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Absolutely and his skin color is the only reason Obama got elected in the first place, he ran on a platform of "hey, I'm black!"
    He did mention it in at least one speech I saw.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    I don't understand the referrence to love or hate in the title.

    How can you love or hate somebody you do not know?

  3. #93
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't care if he is white, black pink, yellow or blue Obama is and incompetent boob that very easily could destroy this country as we know it....He is well on the way.
    Trust me...if America could survive Herbert Hoover of the 20th Century and the Herbert Hoover of the 21st Century -GWB, surviving Obama will be a piece of cake.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #94
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    No, at least not in all cases.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That would just be a different question.
    Perhaps, but the OP assumes race is the only reason to love/hate him. That presumption itself is racist in nature.

  6. #96
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman909 View Post
    Perhaps, but the OP assumes race is the only reason to love/hate him. That presumption itself is racist in nature.
    The OP presumes that race is the only reason that **some** people love or hate him.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #97
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    <putting on flame-retardant suit... radcen knows the mere asking of the question will be inconvenient and off-putting to some... ok, there>

    Is it just as bad to like/support a President because he's black as it is bad to dislike/not support a President because he's black?
    Yep. Either is making a selection based on skin color.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #98
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    He's not just black, his mommy was white. Unfortunately, she apparently didn't support abortion.
    All back Americans have white ancestry in addition to back ancestry. To be black in America doesn't mean being of 100% Africa ancestry but rather some African ancestry.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    All back Americans have white ancestry in addition to back ancestry. To be black in America doesn't mean being of 100% Africa ancestry but rather some African ancestry.
    If it is true that humanity came out of Africa then does the term African-American apply to every American?

    Why would anyone want to be a hyphenated American?

  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Loving/hating a black President

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    All back Americans have white ancestry in addition to back ancestry. To be black in America doesn't mean being of 100% Africa ancestry but rather some African ancestry.
    So all Blacks have African ancestry? Really, What about Australian Aborigines. Natives of Guadalcanal and many other south pacific islands, natives of the Amazon Jungle? Also, do you have any proof that all blacks in America have white ancestors?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •