1. I feel that believing the UN can work when it comes to crises involving multiple interests is naive. Agree to disagree I guess.
2. Agree, actually. Which is why I don't support a strike...especially a very small ineffectual one. I would prefer covert meddling and economic and political sanctions, if poss.
3. I never said that we have to rely on the gov't to make right choices. Do you have access to classified info? Unless you do, I guess we'll have to rely on the gov't.
4. Actually he only comes to the decision to bomb months or years after the opportunity to "talk it out" has passed. So I guess we agree on this point since you didn't criticize my point. Rather you piled on more criticism.
5. Just another country that is exceptionally different with exceptional potential, exceptional institutions, etc....exceptional exceptional. Agree to disagree I suppose.