View Poll Results: Are GMO foods good or bad?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

    22 50.00%
  • Bad

    12 27.27%
  • Not sure

    8 18.18%
  • GMO Rutabega

    2 4.55%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

  1. #111
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Label... and let the market decide.
    No. There is no obligation to put a label on a perfectly safe product to satisfy an irrational prejudice.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Look, that's just bull****. GMOs [i]are[i] completely safe, we don't have to assume anything. So, it's not the pro-GMO crowd, it's the pro-science crowd.
    Ya, all studies (even the studies that showed negative side-effects) had no significant effect on the first generation of animals studied... But, you could buy the same line that "it still looks like a potato, and potatoes are safe, therefore GMO potatoes are safe."

    Are you aware that typical safety studies are 90 days, with a few "long-term" studies of around 2 years. Generational studies are where the negative effects start popping up, and we are into the second generation of humans since GMO's have been produced and released open air.

    That sounds like a IP issue, not a GMO safety issue.
    Actually, it's both... Because its intellectual property, the company involved gets a say in how any studies are performed.

    You imply that monopolies are good, would you care to clarify how a monopoly on food production is prudent?

    Yup. It's irrelevant information. Only an ignorant fool would care to know it. No reason to make a law forcing manufacturers to put labels with irrelevant information on them.
    We "force" manufacturers to declare what's in everything, hell, bought a wood piece of furniture that even declared the part of the world and conditions concerning how the wood was obtained and how it was treated.

    Making your point moot, we already enforce quite stringent labeling requirements.

    What you are asking for is the coercive labeling of irrelevant information that only matters to prejudiced fools.
    We do much more for lesser reasoning...


    You are basically saying that if some idiot wants to know the race of the person who grew the tomatoes, it should be forcibly labeled.
    No, it's saying "this food was made in a lab".

    Well, tough **** if that matters to you because you don't have a right to know irrelevant information like that.
    Don't have a right... Because it is THAT SAFE!?

    It makes no rational difference, and businesspeople don't need to kowtow to ignorant bigots like racists and anti-GMO kooks.
    No, they just sell to their idiot apologists to act like tyrants while defending it for free.

    Btw, Adding "(genetically modified)" next to relevant ingredients is "coercive"?? Please explain.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No. There is no obligation to put a label on a perfectly safe product to satisfy an irrational prejudice.
    But you know that given the choice; NOBODY would buy it...

    Why are you against providing information on food sourcing... We include that for many additives that are equally regarded as "safe".

  4. #114
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    But you know that given the choice; NOBODY would buy it...

    Why are you against providing information on food sourcing... We include that for many additives that are equally regarded as "safe".
    Many people would buy it. I don't care if its labeled but I do care when people make crazy claims about GMOs like it cause a third arm to grow.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Are GMOs good or bad [W:104]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    But you know that given the choice; NOBODY would buy it...
    There are a lot of idiots in the world. Widespread stupidity is no reason to penalize the manufacturers of genetically modified food.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •