View Poll Results: MLK was killed because ....

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • he was the most powerful black leader

    24 48.98%
  • he had socialist tendencies

    5 10.20%
  • he was pacifist

    6 12.24%
  • other

    22 44.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 135

Thread: why do you think MLK was killed ?

  1. #51
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    I'm not so sure that the percentage is that small. It's hard to tell nowadays.
    If it's hard to tell, why assume it's a large portion?

    That's a question the promotors of this bigoted falicy should be asking themselves.

  2. #52
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    He became a devout, charismatic focal point of adoration and imminent revolutionary fervour.

    So they took his ass out.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,622

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    If it's hard to tell, why assume it's a large portion?

    That's a question the promotors of this bigoted falicy should be asking themselves.
    What I said was not sure. Not an assumption.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  4. #54
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,661
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well friend, I lived through those times too. I reject the bigotry that pervades a statement that the majority of whites living in the United States at that time did not want equality for blacks. That's racist BS from bigots with an agenda.

    Thanks for providing some evidence such groups continue to proliferate.
    Good thing I didn't say that then. Shoving your words into my mouth and then calling me a bigot is your agenda, not mine.

    What I actually said:

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    ... so yes, when millions of citizens of this country are intent on keeping blacks separate and unequal, including governors and legislators and 90% of the white population of more than a dozen states, that does comprise a significant segment of the population....
    Last edited by DiAnna; 09-06-13 at 07:29 PM.

  5. #55
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Good thing I didn't say that then. Shoving your words into my mouth and then calling me a bigot is your agenda, not mine.
    Well gee, since I didn't shove them in your mouth, I'm not sure what you should be concerned about.

  6. #56
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,661
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well gee, since I didn't shove them in your mouth, I'm not sure what you should be concerned about.
    Most people are intelligent enough to read post #54, see what you claimed that I said, compare it to what I actually said, and understand all they need to know.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The links work fine...

    The Gallup Poll: Public Opinion 1999 - George Gallup - Google Books


    Attachment 67153161

    PS...if you cant stand the heat...
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I forgot the level of discourse required. Please post the actual survey, not the opinion of what was shown in the survey. I assumed you would understand that.

    Also, it's usually considered appropriate to provide links to information stolen, er, copied from other sources. Plagiarism is so old fashioned and lazy, although it didn't hurt a certain Vice President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS, that is a book written by the GALLUP ORGANIZATION and GOOGLE obtained the rights to post it's contents online, and my use falls within fair use.

    Can your argument get any more pathetic? I bet it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yet, you still won't post the actual polling, just the opinion about it.

    If the shoe fits...
    You proved your comments can get more pathetic.

    The Gallup writers in 1999 did not give "opinion" of their polls in 1963-4, the results of the polls are described in the page.

    The issue is that you cannot accept the fact that a VERY large segment of the US population (greater than 40%) were against the Civil Rights legislation while it was being voted on, and the vast majority of Southerners (80%) were against it.

    This directly counters your BELIEFS that these large numbers of Americans did not exist...but that was the attitude at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #58
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You proved your comments can get more pathetic.

    The Gallup writers in 1999 did not give "opinion" of their polls in 1963-4, the results of the polls are described in the page.

    The issue is that you cannot accept the fact that a VERY large segment of the US population (greater than 40%) were against the Civil Rights legislation while it was being voted on, and the vast majority of Southerners (80%) were against it.

    This directly counters your BELIEFS that these large numbers of Americans did not exist...but that was the attitude at the time.

    Thank you for your opinion. However, I've asked for you to post the actual poll, not someones interpretation of it. If you can't decern the difference, perhaps you should refrain from comment since it accomplishes nothing.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    He became a devout, charismatic focal point of adoration and imminent revolutionary fervour.

    So they took his ass out.
    l may agree

    no bastard is assassinated in this world
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l may agree

    no bastard is assassinated in this world
    Martin Luther King was assassinated because he was black...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •