View Poll Results: MLK was killed because ....

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • he was the most powerful black leader

    24 48.98%
  • he had socialist tendencies

    5 10.20%
  • he was pacifist

    6 12.24%
  • other

    22 44.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 135

Thread: why do you think MLK was killed ?

  1. #41
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    MLK theory 1-

    Hate-filled racist decided he didn't want MLK to live anymore.


    MLK theory 2-

    The FBI under J Edgar Hoover, the closet thing we've ever had to a dictator in the United States had been monitoring him. In that compete dismissal of the second amendment, Hoover became concerned that some of the people who offered their support of the civil rights movement and from whom MLK accepted support held anti-American views. In his thinking, because MLK was palling around with anti-American types and because he had become not only one of the most influential men in the back community but in America in general, he needed to be eliminated. Yes, that would be a violation of due process; life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; yada; yada but he reasoned he had been associated with these people and should have known where they were coming from.

    However, MLK had an ally in the White House, LBJ. LBJ would not allow Hoover to touch him despite his sometimes out in left field associations. Then something happened to change that. After all LBJ had done to help the civil rights movement MLK made a speech condemning LBJ's Viet-Nam War policy and did so by essentially saying it was sinful. LBJ was so offended he gave into Hoover's repeated pressures and said have your way. One year to the date of the Viet-Nam War speech, MLK was killed after regular threats from Hoover.

    Btw: although James Earl Ray served life in prison without a trial based on what some say was a coerced confession, a subsequent civil trial was held in Tennessee state court where the federal government was found liable in MLK's death.

    Disclaimer: the above is mearly an unsubstantiated theory, is likely complete fiction and has no basis whatsoever in any factual events. This work of fiction should not be construed to imply any wrongdoing, either legally or morally has been committed by any persons living or dead
    .
    Last edited by Smeagol; 09-05-13 at 09:38 PM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    He rattled the establishment's cage. People in power in corporations and politics dont really like change.
    You give his killer too much credit. The establishment didn't kill MLK, if anything MLK killed the establishment. MLK was assassinated by a felon who escaped from prison who was racist to his core. It had nothing to do with corporations or people in power, it had to do with an estranged man convinced that he was doing the world a favor.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Try playing your game of semantics with someone who has English as a first language.

    Listen, friend, I lived through those years. I saw the majority population of state after state after state fighting segregation, lining up by the hundreds to spit and hurl racial epithets at children trying to go to school, I saw police beating black people trying to protest peacefully, I saw news footage of lynched blacks, murdered whites and blacks trying to register black voters, churches blown up with small children killed, so yes, when millions of citizens of this country are intent on keeping blacks separate and unequal, including governors and legislators and 90% of the white population of more than a dozen states, that does comprise a significant segment of the population.

    Are we done here, or do you want to tell us all how happy the darkies were to drink from separate fountains and pee in separate toilets???
    l thought significant segment was a kind of meal made with black olives because l cant

    understand eng
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATAT‹RK

  4. #44
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS, that is a book written by the GALLUP ORGANIZATION and GOOGLE obtained the rights to post it's contents online, and my use falls within fair use.

    Can your argument get any more pathetic? I bet it can.
    Yet, you still won't post the actual polling, just the opinion about it.

    If the shoe fits...

  5. #45
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Well, now you do! You're welcome.
    No, actually I don't. But I did learn some other things. Well, actually, I guess it would be more accurate to write other things were confirmed for me.

    Thanks.

  6. #46
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Try playing your game of semantics with someone who has English as a first language.

    Listen, friend, I lived through those years. I saw the majority population of state after state after state fighting segregation, lining up by the hundreds to spit and hurl racial epithets at children trying to go to school, I saw police beating black people trying to protest peacefully, I saw news footage of lynched blacks, murdered whites and blacks trying to register black voters, churches blown up with small children killed, so yes, when millions of citizens of this country are intent on keeping blacks separate and unequal, including governors and legislators and 90% of the white population of more than a dozen states, that does comprise a significant segment of the population.

    Are we done here, or do you want to tell us all how happy the darkies were to drink from separate fountains and pee in separate toilets???
    Well friend, I lived through those times too. I reject the bigotry that pervades a statement that the majority of whites living in the United States at that time did not want equality for blacks. That's racist BS from bigots with an agenda.

    Thanks for providing some evidence such groups continue to proliferate.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Goodness. A rather significant segment of the white population had no intention of giving blacks equality? I didn't know that.
    Some still do not.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  8. #48
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    MLK theory 1-

    Hate-filled racist decided he didn't want MLK to live anymore.


    MLK theory 2-

    The FBI under J Edgar Hoover, the closet thing we've ever had to a dictator in the United States had been monitoring him. In that compete dismissal of the second amendment, Hoover became concerned that some of the people who offered their support of the civil rights movement and from whom MLK accepted support held anti-American views. In his thinking, because MLK was palling around with anti-American types and because he had become not only one of the most influential men in the back community but in America in general, he needed to be eliminated. Yes, that would be a violation of due process; life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; yada; yada but he reasoned he had been associated with these people and should have known where they were coming from.

    However, MLK had an ally in the White House, LBJ. LBJ would not allow Hoover to touch him despite his sometimes out in left field associations. Then something happened to change that. After all LBJ had done to help the civil rights movement MLK made a speech condemning LBJ's Viet-Nam War policy and did so by essentially saying it was sinful. LBJ was so offended he gave into Hoover's repeated pressures and said have your way. One year to the date of the Viet-Nam War speech, MLK was killed after regular threats from Hoover.

    Btw: although James Earl Ray served life in prison without a trial based on what some say was a coerced confession, a subsequent civil trial was held in Tennessee state court where the federal government was found liable in MLK's death.

    Disclaimer: the above is mearly an unsubstantiated theory, is likely complete fiction and has no basis whatsoever in any factual events. This work of fiction should not be construed to imply any wrongdoing, either legally or morally has been committed by any persons living or dead
    .
    MLK theory 3 -

    King was a serial adulterer

    While the ethical reasons for the FBIís monitoring of King were murky (at best), the recordings do make up much of what we now know about the manís personal life. King had engaged in so many extramarital affairs that his wife, Coretta Scott King, had reportedly become disillusioned with their marriage.

    Fearing that this would become public knowledge and discredit King and thus the movement ... other leaders among the black community conspired to have him assassinated and martyred.

    FBI monitoring devices recorded audio of King during a tryst at a Washington, D.C., hotel, eventually sending the tape to Mrs. King in an effort to discredit him in his own home. King even spent the last night of his life with a woman who was not his wife. In the chaos outside the Lorraine Motel, his advisers told the young woman to stay out of the ambulance to avoid tarnishing his legacy.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #49
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Some still do not.
    That would equate to a small, and quite sad, portion of all "whites" living in the United States.

    That is a significant difference from the bigoted claims of some on this thread.

  10. #50
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    That would equate to a small, and quite sad, portion of all "whites" living in the United States.

    That is a significant difference from the bigoted claims of some on this thread.
    I'm not so sure that the percentage is that small. It's hard to tell nowadays.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •