View Poll Results: MLK was killed because ....

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • he was the most powerful black leader

    24 48.98%
  • he had socialist tendencies

    5 10.20%
  • he was pacifist

    6 12.24%
  • other

    22 44.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 135

Thread: why do you think MLK was killed ?

  1. #31
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    but what happened in Birmingham was only part of something that has been going on for generations. people were outraged by what the birmhingham police department did to that peaceful march, but that was only because the national spotlight illuminated their actions. for many decades prior to that, African Americans suffered while the nation was blissfully ignorant of the racism occuring.
    I suppose we can thank the MSM once again for chosing what people were allowed to learn. Something that continues to this day.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No, I'm inclined to recognize proof of a reading issue, again.
    Read this, re-writer...


    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A half century ago, polls found strikingly similar results with regard to civil rights. In spite of gaining the approval of some 55% of Americans in the spring of 1954, five years later a majority believed that the Supreme Court’s landmark decision in Brown v. Board of Education “caused a lot more trouble than it was worth.” During the 1960s a Gallup Poll found most Americans gradually came to support “racial equality in public places” but a consistent plurality wanted to take a “go slow” approach to racial change. In the South, not surprisingly, Gallup found that 80% of those polled in 1964 disapproved of civil rights legislation.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #33
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Read this, re-writer...
    Why are you stalking me?

  4. #34
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A half century ago, polls found strikingly similar results with regard to civil rights. In spite of gaining the approval of some 55% of Americans in the spring of 1954, five years later a majority believed that the Supreme Court’s landmark decision in Brown v. Board of Education “caused a lot more trouble than it was worth.” During the 1960s a Gallup Poll found most Americans gradually came to support “racial equality in public places” but a consistent plurality wanted to take a “go slow” approach to racial change. In the South, not surprisingly, Gallup found that 80% of those polled in 1964 disapproved of civil rights legislation.
    A blog post from Imagine 2050 does not amount to much. Even the links are failures.

    Please reconsider your attacks on others.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    A blog post from Imagine 2050 does not amount to much. Even the links are failures.

    Please reconsider your attacks on others.
    The links work fine...

    The Gallup Poll: Public Opinion 1999 - George Gallup - Google Books


    why do you think MLK was killed ?-gallup-jpg

    PS...if you cant stand the heat...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #36
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The links work fine...

    The Gallup Poll: Public Opinion 1999 - George Gallup - Google Books

    why do you think MLK was killed ?-gallup-jpg

    PS...if you cant stand the heat...

    I'm sorry, but I forgot the level of discourse required. Please post the actual survey, not the opinion of what was shown in the survey. I assumed you would understand that.

    Also, it's usually considered appropriate to provide links to information stolen, er, copied from other sources. Plagiarism is so old fashioned and lazy, although it didn't hurt a certain Vice President.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I forgot the level of discourse required. Please post the actual survey, not the opinion of what was shown in the survey. I assumed you would understand that.

    Also, it's usually considered appropriate to provide links to information stolen, er, copied from other sources. Plagiarism is so old fashioned and lazy, although it didn't hurt a certain Vice President.
    FFS, that is a book written by the GALLUP ORGANIZATION and GOOGLE obtained the rights to post it's contents online, and my use falls within fair use.

    Can your argument get any more pathetic? I bet it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #38
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Goodness. A rather significant segment of the white population had no intention of giving blacks equality? I didn't know that.
    Well, now you do! You're welcome.

  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So "significant segment" means the large majority of whites had no intention of giving blacks equality?
    Try playing your game of semantics with someone who has English as a first language.

    Listen, friend, I lived through those years. I saw the majority population of state after state after state fighting segregation, lining up by the hundreds to spit and hurl racial epithets at children trying to go to school, I saw police beating black people trying to protest peacefully, I saw news footage of lynched blacks, murdered whites and blacks trying to register black voters, churches blown up with small children killed, so yes, when millions of citizens of this country are intent on keeping blacks separate and unequal, including governors and legislators and 90% of the white population of more than a dozen states, that does comprise a significant segment of the population.

    Are we done here, or do you want to tell us all how happy the darkies were to drink from separate fountains and pee in separate toilets???

  10. #40
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: why do you think MLK was killed ?

    In Beyond Vietnam and other such speeches, MLK began to connect the systems of imperialism and corporate power, linking them to oppression at home. He began to organize people and died right before he was to give a speech to striking sanitation workers. (Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike (1968))
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •