View Poll Results: Who Is More Credible?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    32 68.09%
  • Putin

    15 31.91%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Who Is More Credible?

  1. #31
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    can we compare CİA to kgb ,mossad ,mi5 ?
    No, we cannot. There's absolutely no equivalency between the KGB/NKVD/Cheka and any other secret police or spy shop in the world - except for the Nazi Gestapo, maybe.

    For all their sins, none of those other agencies had never executed a genocidal extermination of the best and most decent people in their own countries, on an epic scale.

    Nobody who ever had any kind of career within the KGB has any credibility, on any issue. Zero. Forever. Those people are the worst scum imaginable.

    Just my typically humble opinion.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    No, we cannot. There's absolutely no equivalency between the KGB/NKVD/Cheka and any other secret police or spy shop in the world - except for the Nazi Gestapo, maybe.

    For all their sins, none of those other agencies had never executed a genocidal extermination of the best and most decent people in their own countries, on an epic scale.

    Nobody who ever had any kind of career within the KGB has any credibility, on any issue. Zero. Forever. Those people are the worst scum imaginable.

    Just my typically humble opinion.
    what kind of people for instance ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    First and foremost, "credible" doesn't necessarily mean correct.

    I don't believe Pres. Obama would lie about intelligence suggesting that Syria did use chemical weapons whereas there is little I believe Putin wouldn't lie about if it suited him. I think the former has made a very strong case but there is little real way to verify that case without boots on the ground. It could turn out that the intelligent (and Obama) is wrong but that doesn't mean Putin's information is correct either. I personally believe the latter will do anything to advance his own career.

  4. #34
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Those people are the worst scum imaginable
    you are quite correct so imagine my confusion when I see the Russian leader making more sense
    than the supposed leader of the free world?

  5. #35
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    what kind of people for instance ?
    As I said: Anyone who made a career inside the KGB.

  6. #36
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    First and foremost, "credible" doesn't necessarily mean correct.

    I don't believe Pres. Obama would lie about intelligence suggesting that Syria did use chemical weapons whereas there is little I believe Putin wouldn't lie about if it suited him. I think the former has made a very strong case but there is little real way to verify that case without boots on the ground. It could turn out that the intelligent (and Obama) is wrong but that doesn't mean Putin's information is correct either. I personally believe the latter will do anything to advance his own career.
    Interesting that you still have so much faith in Obama after all that has been revealed. I also am amazed at how firmly the "Other" mentality is rooted into the American psyche. The latter, that being Putin, doesn't need to do anything to advance his career, if his career since it hit the national stage has shown us anything it has shown us he advances his career how and when he sees fit. Obama on the other hand has obligations and a legacy and history which most certainly put his credibility into question.

    Because Obama is wrong doesn't mean Putin is right, because Obama has no credibility doesn't mean that Putin does. These aren't pertinent to the question asked as a value judgement, that being which one is more credible.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Interesting that you still have so much faith in Obama after all that has been revealed. I also am amazed at how firmly the "Other" mentality is rooted into the American psyche. The latter, that being Putin, doesn't need to do anything to advance his career, if his career since it hit the national stage has shown us anything it has shown us he advances his career how and when he sees fit. Obama on the other hand has obligations and a legacy and history which most certainly put his credibility into question.

    Because Obama is wrong doesn't mean Putin is right, because Obama has no credibility doesn't mean that Putin does. These aren't pertinent to the question asked as a value judgement, that being which one is more credible.
    I wouldn't say that I have so much faith in Pres. Obama.

    I just don't think he would press for military intervention if the intelligence didn't support his position. It's not like he's held strong in his convictions. He's flip flopped all over the place and has now kicked it to Congress while making a weak attempt to distance himself from his "red line" comments. I suspect we're only days away from him insisting he "inherited this mess" as Carvell certainly laid the blame on Bush while on O'Reilly. Plus, if he were merely engaging in some sort of wagging the dog play and Putin's intelligence is correct that it was the opposition who used chemical weapons, then he could just as easily have gone after the opposition for the same political advantage.

    I'm not sure what "'Other' mentality" you're referring to but, unless you're just too much of a partisan fool to bother responding to anymore, Putin has pretty much shown he's willing to go to any lengths to keep himself relevant. Just for laughs, go over to Google, type in "Putin jails", and look at all the different results autocorrect gives you.

  8. #38
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    Plus, if he were merely engaging in some sort of wagging the dog play and Putin's intelligence is correct that it was the opposition who used chemical weapons, then he could just as easily have gone after the opposition for the same political advantage.

    I'm not sure what "'Other' mentality" you're referring to but, unless you're just too much of a partisan fool to bother responding to anymore, Putin has pretty much shown he's willing to go to any lengths to keep himself relevant. Just for laughs, go over to Google, type in "Putin jails", and look at all the different results autocorrect gives you.


    I think it has been demonstrated that Putin can have a smoking gun and if Obama said it ain't so, than many would say "oh, that rascal Putin..he's at it again..." If the intelligence is correct, no Obama doesn't have any political advantage, he'll look like a fool and an imbecile. The narrative would pop up that he is in the bag for the MIC just like Bush, or that he really has been a sleeper cell muslim all along.

    Do you see how moronic it is to in one breath to say you don't understand something and in the very same sentence suppose someone's a fool? You do see that, don't you?

    In any event you've shown yourself not worth the time for further discussion. Good Day!

  9. #39
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    I could not watch that till I got home, but how do you know they are chemical weapons? Seems to me like if I was handling chemical weapons I would have my gas mask and gear on. You know, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Then who are these cats? (notice that those are not rockets but projectiles...they would be hard to track without a trail)

    Syrian "rebels" are firing chemical weapons. - YouTube
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Who Is More Credible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Now news is out that Russia has a 100 page report showing that it was the rebels who did the gasing, not Assad. Putin has said, it makes little logical sense for Assad to attack his own people when the momentum has been in his favor and knowing that the world would come down hard, especially the US.

    Russia says it's compiled 100-page report blaming Syrian rebels for a chemical weapons attack | McClatchy

    So who is more credible? Obama or Putin?
    Depends on which one provides verifiable evidence and measurement.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •