View Poll Results: How is "Smart Power" working out for the United States?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smart Power has made incredible foreign policy gains for us

    1 4.17%
  • Smart Power helped us "reset" relations with Russia et al.

    2 8.33%
  • Smart Power works, but turned out to be Bush Doctrine Lite

    2 8.33%
  • We are so screwed that we now lose no matter WHAT we do

    19 79.17%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 238

Thread: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm sorry. It's not my intent. It's apparent I can't reach down to your level of understanding.

    Please forgive me.
    You would have a point...if you showed my "misunderstanding"....but you didn't....instead you fell back to your comfortable SOP, diversion, insult and obfuscation.
    As I said, this is getting predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #62
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Were that true, Obama could never have been elected.
    There's that. We like to hear good things, though. A good salesman or politician can get many to bite. Swallowing is another story. I've done a lot of structural engineering over the years. It's possible to hide structural deficiencies for a time, but they will always make themselves apparent eventually. It's just a matter of time.

  3. #63
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You would have a point...if you showed my "misunderstanding"....but you didn't....instead you fell back to your comfortable SOP, diversion, insult and obfuscation.
    As I said, this is getting predictable.
    Yes, the exchages do seem predictable. Why do you think that is?

  4. #64
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes, the exchages do seem predictable. Why do you think that is?
    Probably an extension of you misunderstanding the term "macro" when I used it, so you thought the best way to counter my argument was to reply with nonsensical posts that included insults....you know, SOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #65
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    He expected you to create a straw argument? really?
    Obama made his military strike announcement before he had any of our allies on board. Obama moved destroyers into the Med expecting others to join up. None have. Bonehead created his own problem, and now he's blaming the world for it. No strawman there. Just rank incompetence.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,491

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Smart power....rebranding the old carrot stick common wisdom as being some new visionary thinking of a new era in global thinking. Funny stuff. Golly gee, you mean it often requires carrots AND sticks? Is this going to be on the test? You sure it's not just sticks? I like sticks, and you know, carrots not everyone likes. Hmm, I kept thinking it was a ****ing exclusive OR!

  7. #67
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    rank incompetence
    like everything else he's done for the past five years, sadly we all look silly right along with him?

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Obama made his military strike announcement before he had any of our allies on board. Obama moved destroyers into the Med expecting others to join up. None have. Bonehead created his own problem, and now he's blaming the world for it. No strawman there. Just rank incompetence.
    It is funny how some talk about "boneheads" when they create strawmen about what the POTUS has said.

    Any debate should address fact, not false conjecture. None in the WH called for " blow the living hell out of Syria". False rhetoric is for idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Probably an extension of you misunderstanding the term "macro" when I used it, so you thought the best way to counter my argument was to reply with nonsensical posts that included insults....you know, SOP.
    No, that's not it. Can you think of any other reason?

    I realize you've refered to me as ignorant, salty, and I muddy the water, make no sense, as well as many other names and accusations, but I'm struggling with the reason you claim the exchanges are predictable and SOP.

  10. #70
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is funny how some talk about "boneheads" when they create strawmen about what the POTUS has said.

    Any debate should address fact, not false conjecture. None in the WH called for " blow the living hell out of Syria". False rhetoric is for idiots.
    Take it up with Obama. He's the one blaming the world for not joining him. Did you miss the news conference yesterday, or are you happy to ignore it. I'll tell ya, McCain, who's just dying to blow something up most of the time, was not in favor of "limited strikes" at the outset. Following a closed briefing on Tuesday, McCain came out saying he's on board because the president "is going big". He's even added a little more to the authorization coming out of committee in the Senate - about tilting the balance on the battlefield toward the rebels. Assad was winning. It'll take more than a pinprick to change that.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •