View Poll Results: How is "Smart Power" working out for the United States?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smart Power has made incredible foreign policy gains for us

    1 4.17%
  • Smart Power helped us "reset" relations with Russia et al.

    2 8.33%
  • Smart Power works, but turned out to be Bush Doctrine Lite

    2 8.33%
  • We are so screwed that we now lose no matter WHAT we do

    19 79.17%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 238

Thread: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

  1. #41
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    As I wrote before, I have no interest in assisting your improvement in reading.

    Not once did I claim ProgLibs were responsible for anything related to Bush.

    Perhaps you were right to bring to my attention the micro issue present in some people I engage with.

    It's becoming clear it's a valid consideration.
    The issue is the inability to present direct comment, but then it a technique to obfuscate in area of ignorance.

    Carry on with your SOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I suppose if one completely forgets 2001-2008, where having "dumb" people execute "dumb" policies which has caused directly and indirectly much of the instability in the Middle East today.....then one could incorrectly define "Smart Power" and whine about the situation in the ME.

    What depth of understanding and vision!
    But when does the "Smart Power" actually kick in, then?

  3. #43
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    But when does the "Smart Power" actually kick in, then?
    Let me see you define it....and show how it is not being applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #44
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The issue is the inability to present direct comment, but then it a technique to obfuscate in area of ignorance.

    Carry on with your SOP.
    Well, first, I do try to write a coherent sentence, which some apparently are incapable of accomplishing. Again, perhaps it's that micro thing that surfaced in an earlier post.

    In a gesture of good will, let me clarify my original comment and present it in a manner appropriate to those who stuggle to comprehend facts.

    Here goes:

    Because Bush was President in 2001-2008, ProgLibs can bury their heads in the sand and blame everything on him, so they can fearfully ignore the present.

    I trust this clarification has been helpful and will allow those who were confused with the original to avoid further embarrassment.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I suppose if one completely forgets 2001-2008, where having "dumb" people execute "dumb" policies which has caused directly and indirectly much of the instability in the Middle East today.....then one could incorrectly define "Smart Power" and whine about the situation in the ME.

    What depth of understanding and vision!
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Because Bush was President in 2001-2008, ProgLibs can bury their heads in the sand and blame everything on him, so they can fearfully ignore the present.
    This still makes no sense, "ProgLibs" never ignored the absolute disaster of the Bush Doctrine .....nor are those whining about the reintroduction of "Smart Power" claiming the "ProgLibs" are ignoring its application.

    You make no sense on multiple levels.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 09-05-13 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Let me see you define it....and show how it is not being applied.
    I asked you first.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I asked you first.
    No, you did not. You have not shown any understanding of the term, you did not ask me to define it.....you made the assumption it is not in action without showing it is not....so you are wrong on all fronts in claiming " you asked me first".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do. It's commentary of comments that exhibit hatred for education. it's one of the larger issues in schools today: the attitude that knowing information, having been educated is a bad thing. These comments propagate that mentality.
    Nothing wrong with education but it is only one part of a resume to be pres not the end all be all.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Why is it that people who show contempt for education tend to be the very same ones who use atrocious grammar?
    Yes, using proper grammar is what makes a good president.

  10. #50
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    The political left loves to make excellent arguments which deny reality. We saw this just yesterday with the president. The reality is that even though there are many, many signatories to the Geneva Conventions, that does not mean they will automatically line up to blow the living hell out of Syria because the president says it's required. Reality is a stubborn thing which steadfastly refuses to succumb to argument, no matter how eloquent.
    Were that true, Obama could never have been elected.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •