View Poll Results: How is "Smart Power" working out for the United States?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smart Power has made incredible foreign policy gains for us

    1 4.17%
  • Smart Power helped us "reset" relations with Russia et al.

    2 8.33%
  • Smart Power works, but turned out to be Bush Doctrine Lite

    2 8.33%
  • We are so screwed that we now lose no matter WHAT we do

    19 79.17%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 238

Thread: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Or perhaps its the sand in the ears causing some to imagine there is a hole...

    That appears to be either Iraq....or Texas.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 09-05-13 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, smart is not desirable. Dumb is. I get that. So do students btw.
    I guess you think that meant something?

  3. #23
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That appears to be either Iraq....or Texas.
    Actually, I believe it's the State of Mind. A place many observe ProgLibs are in daily...

  4. #24
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    The political left loves to make excellent arguments which deny reality. We saw this just yesterday with the president. The reality is that even though there are many, many signatories to the Geneva Conventions, that does not mean they will automatically line up to blow the living hell out of Syria because the president says it's required. Reality is a stubborn thing which steadfastly refuses to succumb to argument, no matter how eloquent.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I guess you think that meant something?
    I do. It's commentary of comments that exhibit hatred for education. it's one of the larger issues in schools today: the attitude that knowing information, having been educated is a bad thing. These comments propagate that mentality.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Yeah, who wants their country to be run by someone with an 'education' anyway.
    Every president has been educated. Next.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    On the other hand, for those challenged by the concept of taking responsibility, the years 2001-2008 have sure helped dig holes for many to bury their heads in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Actually, I believe it's the State of Mind. A place many observe ProgLibs are in daily...
    You still have yet to make a valid point, what responsibility for the 2001-08 Bush Doctrine do the "ProgLibs" need to answer for?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    they will automatically line up to blow the living hell out of Syria
    Is that what is being called for?
    A: No it isn't, so you have created a straw man.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Every president has been educated. Next.
    Too bad you couldn't be bothered to even understand what the term "Smart Power" means, let alone find out the the OP is referencing a NRO screed.

    C'mon cons, raise your game a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #30
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You still have yet to make a valid point, what responsibility for the 2001-08 Bush Doctrine do the "ProgLibs" need to answer for?
    It would seem you have difficulty reading. I'm sorry, but I have no interest, nor ability to assist you with that.

    Next.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •