View Poll Results: How is "Smart Power" working out for the United States?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smart Power has made incredible foreign policy gains for us

    1 4.17%
  • Smart Power helped us "reset" relations with Russia et al.

    2 8.33%
  • Smart Power works, but turned out to be Bush Doctrine Lite

    2 8.33%
  • We are so screwed that we now lose no matter WHAT we do

    19 79.17%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 238

Thread: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Not really, Iran is the country financing and actively supporting everything Syria is doing...
    Is this a backpedal towards taking action against Syria? IS your previous "treaty" argument going to be addressed or are you just trolling?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #92
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    hah yeah we've been on the wrong side of the supposed Arab spring from the start!
    We grown ups knew how this would turn out from the beginning.
    The 'smart power' folks still haven't the vaguest clue about what is going on.

    wanna take bets on what lies just up ahead round the next bend?
    No. I think we know.... Arab Spring. Sounds a lot like Irish Spring - the soap. Selling soap has gone big time in the smart power crowd. We have to ask ourselves exactly who has a lower approval rating than Obama? Then we have to ask ourselves where Obama went to get the approval that his international effort failed to achieve. Nut cutting time is approaching. It's no accident that the House leadership rolled - right off the bat.

  3. #93
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, typical is making a damned if you don't, damned if you do argument. It is irrational and hypocritical.
    That's Obama's argument. Not mine. He stepped in it. I didn't. Damn. Are you absolutely certain you aren't Obama. Check the mirror. See, without an international media as complaint as ours, he's really like a duck out of water. The foxes are waiting.

  4. #94
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Is this a backpedal towards taking action against Syria? IS your previous "treaty" argument going to be addressed or are you just trolling?
    No backpedaling. As previously posted I'm all for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities since they are the puppet master behind every action Syria takes...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    No. I think we know.... Arab Spring. Sounds a lot like Irish Spring - the soap. Selling soap has gone big time in the smart power crowd. We have to ask ourselves exactly who has a lower approval rating than Obama? Then we have to ask ourselves where Obama went to get the approval that his international effort failed to achieve. Nut cutting time is approaching. It's no accident that the House leadership rolled - right off the bat.
    that is because congress has worse approval rateings then anything, well except castro.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    No backpedaling. As previously posted I'm all for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities since they are the puppet master behind every action Syria takes...
    Ah, so Iran is to blame....for Syria's chem weapon use.

    You can't address your previous "treaty" comment......so you decide to go with another whopper.

    Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #97
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    you say gimme some truth and when it is provided you say: lies Lies it's all LIES's!
    what a mutha to do?

  8. #98
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, typical is making a damned if you don't, damned if you do argument. It is irrational and hypocritical.
    Obama put himself and the country in that position. As I said, it's his argument to make, and right now he's not doing very well. Look. If Obama wants to play in the Med bathtub, he can't lead from behind, leave a mess everywhere he does it, and expect the whole ****ing world to line up behind him when he decides it's time to bring the rubber duckies to the pool. Do you really think that our allies can't see what's happened in Libya, Egypt, and the rest? He made this mess. Now he wants to spread it around? It isn't going to happen. To all the world it looks as if we're spreading chaos in a region that has enough tinder to engulf the planet.

  9. #99
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    I wanna know why the US thought it was the right thing to do too provide a beellion bucks
    and advanced weaponry to the terrorists in Syria and then get their panties inna wad over
    a lil bug spray release?

  10. #100
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: So how is that "Smart Power" working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah, so Iran is to blame....for Syria's chem weapon use.

    You can't address your previous "treaty" comment......so you decide to go with another whopper.

    Wow.
    Sorry, I can not find an equivalency between chemical weapons and nuclear weapons. Assad would already be gone without Iranian support, and then who the hell knows what faction would control the chemical weapons. The bigger threat in the region is Iran. I'm sorry this little tidbit escapes you...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •