View Poll Results: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use chemical weapons?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 7.69%
  • No

    46 88.46%
  • And Obama's: Not Present

    2 3.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

  1. #21
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas105 View Post
    The fact that we used chemical weapons in WWI, Napalmed cities to the ground in WWII, Used Agent Orange in Vietnam, and White Phosphorus in Iraq, Hardly gives us the say in this matter. The U.S. is being hypocritical, and I'm still waiting for the Obama administration to release the proof that the Assad government personally ordered this attack.
    Expectations of such proof is unrealistic. It couldn't be gotten even if true.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  2. #22
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas105 View Post
    The fact that we used chemical weapons in WWI, Napalmed cities to the ground in WWII, Used Agent Orange in Vietnam, and White Phosphorus in Iraq, Hardly gives us the say in this matter. The U.S. is being hypocritical, and I'm still waiting for the Obama administration to release the proof that the Assad government personally ordered this attack.
    Rather stupid attempt to lob all sorts of things together that have nothing to do with one another.

  3. #23
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    No....
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  4. #24
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Is it?

    Yes.
    No.
    And Obama's Favorite: Not Present.
    I can't answer because I don't like the way you asked the question. It's too Yes or No. And are you asking if America should handle these things alone? You need to explain.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    No, and Obama needs to stop warmongering.

    Syria is not our problem.

  6. #26
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I can't answer because I don't like the way you asked the question. It's too Yes or No. And are you asking if America should handle these things alone? You need to explain.
    I suspect he's asking in in the present context - at least that was my assumption when I responded.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #27
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    I suspect he's asking in in the present context - at least that was my assumption when I responded.
    No, it's not our job, except in the context of supporting any treaties that might apply.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #28
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    Simple answer is NO.


    However I feel that a coalition of countries should establish a global system to combat aggression. And before you say "U.N" let me explain the difference. The U.N is largely a political dog and pony show and is not effective. What I am talking about is a coalition of countries that has one simple objective, no tolerance of aggression from any country/group. NO politics involved they simply retaliate against anyone who starts conflict. If the world knew that whomever fired the proverbial first shot would be met by immediate and definite retaliation (no exceptions) and their leaders killed or put on trial by perhaps the largest military force on the planet it would probably go a long way to ending wars.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    With Obama giving away millions to terrorists we can't afford to be the policeman of the world.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #30
    Advisor Lukas105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States of America
    Last Seen
    08-07-15 @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    368

    Re: Is it America's job to deal with countries that use Chemical Weapons?

    The weapons above are all banned by the U.N. Yet, we are critical of another country possibly using chemical weapons while we used them ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    Rather stupid attempt to lob all sorts of things together that have nothing to do with one another.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •