View Poll Results: Does anyone still believe Obama?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I believe, I BELIEVE!

    5 9.43%
  • No.

    48 90.57%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102

Thread: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

  1. #41
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well we shouldn't have empowered Saddam or sold him those weapons.
    That does not excuse his actions.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That does not excuse his actions.
    But it does say we should limit our interventionism as it doesn't typically pan out. Like the Iraq war and like Syria will turn into should we get involved.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But it does say we should limit our interventionism as it doesn't typically own out.
    So we shouldn't seek out diplomatic and economic ties as a means to progress, and we shouldn't intervene militarily? Nonsense.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So we shouldn't seek out diplomatic and economic ties as a means to progress, and we shouldn't intervene militarily? Nonsense.
    We should not intervened militarily if the US is not threatened. Offensive wars are offensive. The rest of your tripe is just disingenuous hyperbole as no one has suggested economic or diplomatic solutions should be avoided. Just imperial, occupation wars that don't work.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #45
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We should not intervened militarily if the US is not threatened. Offensive wars are offensive. The rest of your tripe is just disingenuous hyperbole as no one has suggested economic or diplomatic solutions should be avoided. Just imperial, occupation wars that don't work.
    You said we should not have empowered and sold things to Saddam (he actually got virtually none of his weapons from the US).

  6. #46
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You said we should not have empowered and sold things to Saddam (he actually got virtually none of his weapons from the US).
    We shouldn't have sold him weapons (if you'd be so honest to note, I did not say things, I said weapons) and we shouldn't have backed the Ba'athists take over that eventually lead to Saddam gaining power. Military interventionism hasn't oft produced positive results. Particularly when we're funding rebels. Thought we figured this out in the 80's, guess some of y'all are behind the curve
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #47
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We shouldn't have sold him weapons (if you'd be so honest to note, I did not say things, I said weapons
    The US sold Saddam perhaps 5% of his weaponry. If you really have a gripe about that, take it up with the other 95%.

    We tried diplomacy, for 20 years - 17 Ch7 UNSCRs violated, shooting at no-fly zones, genocide twice, invaded neighbors twice, institutionalized rape and sold food that would have prevented the starvation of 400k children (thereby making a mockery of the food for oil program). Enough was enough.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The US sold Saddam perhaps 5% of his weaponry. If you really have a gripe about that, take it up with the other 95%.

    We tried diplomacy, for 20 years - 17 Ch7 UNSCRs violated, shooting at no-fly zones, genocide twice, invaded neighbors twice, institutionalized rape and sold food that would have prevented the starvation of 400k children (thereby making a mockery of the food for oil program). Enough was enough.
    Not our call. Not our country, not our sovereignty. So how is killing thousands and thousands of people, occupying land for another 10+ years, leaving an area destabilized and open to terrorist manipulation going to help the situation?

    You can say "blah blah blah they're killing people and we got to stop it", but you don't actually have a plan to stop it. What we're doing has been demonstrated NOT TO WORK. 10+ years and we haven't made anything better, we've just killed more people. Fighting dead with dead is asinine, particularly when you do it through the most retarded of means and with the lack of planning that would make a toddler embarrassed.

    Quit advocating the death of 10's of thousands of people.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #49
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not our call. Not our country, not our sovereignty.
    Sovereignty is not an absolute concept. To value sovereignty over the prevention of chemical genocide is atrocious.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Sovereignty is not an absolute concept. To value sovereignty over the prevention of chemical genocide is atrocious.
    Not if you ain't got a better plan. So you just kill the same people but over a longer period of time....what's the difference? Besides, we don't even know if it was Assad. It's all assumptions and supposition at this point. We don't need more American dead for problems that ain't our own.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •