View Poll Results: You're the Congressman, and Your Vote on Syria

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

    16 19.75%
  • Nay

    65 80.25%
  • Not Present

    0 0%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 146

Thread: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and why

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and why

    Your vote?

    Yea.
    Nay.
    Or Obama's favorite... Not Present.

    ###

    At the moment I'd vote no.
    This is all about Obama and covering his ass. He's looking to Republicans to save his ass. It's all political as everything is with this Amateur. First he says we can't tolerate this... then on Saturday before going golfing and everyone is expecting him to make a statement about upcoming bombings, he says he's going to Congress.

    Isn't it amazing how Obama left Kerry out to hang?

    The measures are half assed. A pin prick. Symbolic... Useless... and the problem is 100% of Obama's own making.

    Where is the coalition?

    Where is Obama's preparation after making the Red Line statement?

    Let the Arab League sort this out. We've sold them enough hi-tech equipment... we can assist with AWACs and the like.

    There is a reason to vote yea and it is because it's the US, and our credibility is on the line. But sorry, our credibility is damaged and the only thing that will restore it is having a mature adult as president, and the first opportunity for that it 2016.
    Last edited by zimmer; 09-03-13 at 11:29 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    your vote?

    Yea.
    Nay.
    Or obama's favorite... Not present.
    nay!!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #3
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Yes for limited strikes, no on ground troops.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #4
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Your vote?

    Yea.
    Nay.
    Or Obama's favorite... Not Present.
    I voted "Yea." I don't want us to do it, but I think we've been put into a position where we have to. When the chips are down, we can't afford not to back the Office of the Presidency.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #5
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Sophies choice. The pot's boiling, but the lid is still on. Put the decision, and the fall out back where it belongs. Some cans should never be kicked down the road. Others are watching.

  6. #6
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Absolutely "Nay!"

    ...unless il-prezbo will let us know how he did at spades during the bombing.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #7
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I voted "Yea." I don't want us to do it, but I think we've been put into a position where we have to. When the chips are down, we can't afford not to back the Office of the Presidency.
    I'm afraid that that is the kind of reasoning that will prevail with many in Congress. I understand your point. But in the long run it is less of a catastrophe for Obama and the US to loose face short term than to engage in a pointless and counterproductive military intervention.
    I would vote nay.

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    I'm afraid that that is the kind of reasoning that will prevail with many in Congress. I understand your point. But in the long run it is less of a catastrophe for Obama and the US to loose face short term than to engage in a pointless and counterproductive military intervention.
    I would vote nay.
    I think that would effectively castrate President Obama in the eyes of the world. That wouldn't be a good thing. He could have done this all by his lonesome; he chose not to for a reason. He knows it'll pass Congress, and THAT'S the message he needs to send right now -- at least IMHO.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think that would effectively castrate President Obama in the eyes of the world. That wouldn't be a good thing. He could have done this all by his lonesome; he chose not to for a reason. He knows it'll pass Congress, and THAT'S the message he needs to send right now -- at least IMHO.
    If he gets the go ahead and then indeed conducts the sort of limited strike he proposes the message that will go out is that the US is big on showing its frustration by throwing some missiles around, but that this is just empty posturing because Assad will survive and carry on.

  10. #10
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: You're The Congressman... You Make the Call on Syria (Yea... or Nay.. or...) and

    I might be inclined to support it if the administration can demonstrate a coherent policy that goes beyond the current problem in Syria. If the president is serious about dealing with Iran, finally, then I could get on board.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •