I'd like to limit discussion in this thread to the procedural issues presented by Obama's pending decision to take action against Syria. What should be the procedure for deciding whether or not to strike Syria? I think this question can be answered without getting into whether we should actually strike Syria.
Which, in your opinion, best describes what Obama needs to order a strike on Syria?
1. Obama does not need international support or approval from Congress
2. Obama needs international support.
3. Obama needs approval from Congress.
4. Obama needs international support OR approval from Congress
5. Obama needs BOTH international support AND approval from Congress
Also, would you answer change if Obama planned to put troops on the ground in Syria?