View Poll Results: REPEAL OBAMACARE

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Repeal immediately and completely. Repeal Medicare also.

    9 14.75%
  • Repeal within 2 years. Repeal Medicare also.

    0 0%
  • Repeal it and Medicare in whatever time it takes.

    0 0%
  • Repeal it. Keep Medicare like it is

    17 27.87%
  • Repeal only the individual mandate. Keep Medicare

    3 4.92%
  • Keep the individual mandate. Repeal the rest and medicare also.

    0 0%
  • Keep Obamacare like it is. I love it.

    11 18.03%
  • Keep Obamacare, but NO care for non-citizens.

    0 0%
  • Keep Obamacare, but NO care for illegal aliens.

    4 6.56%
  • Other (specify)

    17 27.87%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 209

Thread: Repeal obamacare completely

  1. #41
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,619

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Did Romney care make the increase costs to healthcare slow as compared to the rest of the nation?
    I am thinking it did. But am not sure, therefore I am asking, not making a statement.
    MA was high (compared to national average) before and is still high afterward, this was addressed in the supplied links.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #42
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    MA was high (compared to national average) before and is still high afterward, this was addressed in the supplied links.
    Ok, without even debating the truth of that, let's assume your link is correct and that you are right. (for the sake of debate)

    Now, if we are able to do the same thing Nation Wide... Add the uninsured and give them medical care, and the costs stay about the same due to the negatives and the positives cancelling each other out... is this not also a win?

    In other words, it sounds like adding tens of thousands of people in MA did not make it go up.
    As a humanitarian, does this not seem like a HUGE win?

    Personally I'd pay damn near anything to help 40 million people have medical care. Just so long as I can keep my family above water.
    I'd give my right hand or my left nut for that.

  3. #43
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Not the left nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Ok, without even debating the truth of that, let's assume your link is correct and that you are right. (for the sake of debate)

    Now, if we are able to do the same thing Nation Wide... Add the uninsured and give them medical care, and the costs stay about the same due to the negatives and the positives cancelling each other out... is this not also a win?

    In other words, it sounds like adding tens of thousands of people in MA did not make it go up.
    As a humanitarian, does this not seem like a HUGE win?

    Personally I'd pay damn near anything to help 40 million people have medical care. Just so long as I can keep my family above water.
    I'd give my right hand or my left nut for that.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,355

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    Are you in favor of destroying this monster before it gets out of hand?

    Remember, the oppression begins next January. Are you ready for it????
    As you say. It is a monster and I know lots of people who like it, dislike it, want it changed. I know no one who has read it.

  5. #45
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Not the left nut.
    Some causes are worth more than our own lives.
    We ask our soldiers to die for much more suspicious reasons every day, than the cause of allowing 40 million Americans to be treated like human beings.

  6. #46
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Oh it most definitely and easily could be repealed.

    It wont be repealed based on it's own merit, but let me just give you one out of hundreds of possible ways...





    Obama attacks Syria without UN approval.
    In retaliation Iran devastates Israel.
    Russia fires on Saudi Arabia.
    The US Navy fires on Russian Vessels.
    Russian vessels sink a dozen NATO ships and a nuclear submarine before being destroyed.
    Russia responds with unknown results.
    In the meantime North Korea takes advantage of the distraction and invades South Korea after nuking some military sites.

    The smoke settles.

    2016 comes around.
    Less than 30 Democrats remain in the Senate, Less than 100 remain in the House.
    And that Canadian is our new President.

    Sure this is all far fetched.
    But the point is that 2016 holds all the cards.



    Your opinion means less than nothing to me.

    Wait and see what happens.

  7. #47
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Absolutely

  8. #48
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Your opinion means less than nothing to me.

    Wait and see what happens.
    If your so sure that nothing can go wrong between now and 2016, that is fine with me.
    Strongly preferred actually.
    But there is no reason to be so vile and rude.
    If that is how you feel, why bother telling me in the first place?

  9. #49
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,619

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Ok, without even debating the truth of that, let's assume your link is correct and that you are right. (for the sake of debate)

    Now, if we are able to do the same thing Nation Wide... Add the uninsured and give them medical care, and the costs stay about the same due to the negatives and the positives cancelling each other out... is this not also a win?

    In other words, it sounds like adding tens of thousands of people in MA did not make it go up.
    As a humanitarian, does this not seem like a HUGE win?

    Personally I'd pay damn near anything to help 40 million people have medical care. Just so long as I can keep my family above water.
    I'd give my right hand or my left nut for that.
    What is "it"? Measuring costs by looking at only one part of the picture tells you nothing. Let's say my medical care premium went up $200 this year, but my out of pocket went up $400 his yer did my costs go up $200 or $600? Now add in the fact that my insurance paid out $2000 to the care providers on my behalf - does that mean I really "saved" $1200? Note the I never even told you what the annual premium cost was. When folks talk of nonsense like "based on the percentage of increase of X" that tells you squat, because they intentionally left out Y and Z.

    Folks can play lots of games with statistics and use clever accounting to "prove" anything. The point is that adding 40 million people at an average of $5000/year in total medical care costs but having them pay an average of $1000/year in total premiums will not lower costs, it will raise them. Many of those 40 million will not pay even $1 in insurance, they will go onto "expanded" Medicare, many more of them will pay 2% to 4% of their meager AGI toward their premium costs and be "rebated" the balance from tax funds; a great deal for the insurance company (they get to keep 15% to 20% as overhead) but not so much of a good deal for "total costs" of medical care.


    Please read the last link (in my prior, prior post) slowly and carefully.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #50
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Oh it most definitely and easily could be repealed.

    It wont be repealed based on it's own merit, but let me just give you one out of hundreds of possible ways...

    Obama attacks Syria without UN approval.
    In retaliation Iran devastates Israel.
    Russia fires on Saudi Arabia.
    The US Navy fires on Russian Vessels.
    Russian vessels sink a dozen NATO ships and a nuclear submarine before being destroyed.
    Russia responds with unknown results.
    In the meantime North Korea takes advantage of the distraction and invades South Korea after nuking some military sites.

    The smoke settles.

    2016 comes around.
    Less than 30 Democrats remain in the Senate, Less than 100 remain in the House.
    And that Canadian is our new President.

    Sure this is all far fetched.
    But the point is that 2016 holds all the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Some causes are worth more than our own lives.
    We ask our soldiers to die for much more suspicious reasons every day, than the cause of allowing 40 million Americans to be treated like human beings.



    No.

    We don't ask our soldiers to die.

    We ask our soldiers to make those poor losers on the other side die for their country and/or cause.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •