View Poll Results: REPEAL OBAMACARE

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Repeal immediately and completely. Repeal Medicare also.

    9 14.75%
  • Repeal within 2 years. Repeal Medicare also.

    0 0%
  • Repeal it and Medicare in whatever time it takes.

    0 0%
  • Repeal it. Keep Medicare like it is

    17 27.87%
  • Repeal only the individual mandate. Keep Medicare

    3 4.92%
  • Keep the individual mandate. Repeal the rest and medicare also.

    0 0%
  • Keep Obamacare like it is. I love it.

    11 18.03%
  • Keep Obamacare, but NO care for non-citizens.

    0 0%
  • Keep Obamacare, but NO care for illegal aliens.

    4 6.56%
  • Other (specify)

    17 27.87%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 209

Thread: Repeal obamacare completely

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    When I had a colon attack, I was in like flint, with my wife's BCBS.

    Many of those waiting took up two full chairs when they sat down and had to turn sideways to pass through a door. And they so looked like TEAparty types.
    you mean like crack dealers and their whorish moms from the projects

  2. #192
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    41,132

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    Are you in favor of destroying this monster before it gets out of hand?

    Remember, the oppression begins next January. Are you ready for it????
    It won't be repealed. Under the Roberts Court, it is settled law. In addition, any attempt to defund Obamacare, using the debt ceiling as a hostage, or threatening to shut down the government. will end up destroying the Republican party, since a vast majority of people are now in favor of it. The more moderate faction of the Republican party sees this, and will undermine any attempt by the Tea Party faction to carry this out. Thus, any attempt at this will fail in the House.

    Obamacare? It's a mixed bag. Having the Federal government dictate our health care is a repugnant idea, but what is the alternative? Emergency rooms? Do you have any idea how much THAT costs the taxpayers? At least, with the individual mandate, the taxpayers will be recovering some of what they lose when people go to emergency room, and then not pay for the visit.

    Here is what I would like to see. What would YOU advocate as a replacement for Obamacare, would it be a better option, and how?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #193
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    So what do you want to do with our current monster? You know the one, it causes most of the bankruptcies in the US and delivers third world results. It has been out of hand for years. What do you wanna do with that one?
    while I agree the situation with healthcare in this country needs to be dealt with (both lack of care and cost inflation are very pressing issues), it shouldn't serve as justification for any random policy, especially one with numerous drawbacks like the ACA.

  4. #194
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    ACA is a step to UHC (I hope) and UHC is far from random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    while I agree the situation with healthcare in this country needs to be dealt with (both lack of care and cost inflation are very pressing issues), it shouldn't serve as justification for any random policy, especially one with numerous drawbacks like the ACA.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #195
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Other, repeal Obamacare but reform medicare/medicaid. Currently under the rules the medicare/medicaid programs are running huge deficits, put in place accountability rules and offer better supplemental plans to take financial pressure off of the programs.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #196
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Do you have any idea how much THAT costs the taxpayers? At least, with the individual mandate, the taxpayers will be recovering some of what they lose when people go to emergency room, and then not pay for the visit.

    Here is what I would like to see. What would YOU advocate as a replacement for Obamacare, would it be a better option, and how?
    Actually i think current research indicates the public costs at the emergency room are not due to people who don't have health insurance, and the current use is only likely to increase under the ACA. This is because we have a lack of primary care physicians, and due to govt payment schemes, these physicians tend to turn down medicare and medicaid patients

  7. #197
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    ACA is a step to UHC (I hope) and UHC is far from random.
    1) The policy was not passed nor designed in that way

    2) Your "hope" (especially when it's based on campaigning) doesn't really justify passing or supporting shoddy policy

  8. #198
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    41,132

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Actually i think current research indicates the public costs at the emergency room are not due to people who don't have health insurance, and the current use is only likely to increase under the ACA. This is because we have a lack of primary care physicians, and due to govt payment schemes, these physicians tend to turn down medicare and medicaid patients
    I don't agree with that assessment, but I appreciate the intelligent response.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #199
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It won't be repealed. Under the Roberts Court, it is settled law. In addition, any attempt to defund Obamacare, using the debt ceiling as a hostage, or threatening to shut down the government. will end up destroying the Republican party, since a vast majority of people are now in favor of it. The more moderate faction of the Republican party sees this, and will undermine any attempt by the Tea Party faction to carry this out. Thus, any attempt at this will fail in the House.

    Obamacare? It's a mixed bag. Having the Federal government dictate our health care is a repugnant idea, but what is the alternative? Emergency rooms? Do you have any idea how much THAT costs the taxpayers? At least, with the individual mandate, the taxpayers will be recovering some of what they lose when people go to emergency room, and then not pay for the visit.

    Here is what I would like to see. What would YOU advocate as a replacement for Obamacare, would it be a better option, and how?
    Another reasonable Conservative.
    You're a rare and dying breed.
    But props to you!

  10. #200
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Repeal obamacare completely

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I don't agree with that assessment, but I appreciate the intelligent response.
    It's based on research from kaiser family foundation

    http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files....13/01/7696.pdf

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •