View Poll Results: What do you think of the laws banning atheist from some offices?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iím against it

    74 67.89%
  • it violates the constitution and should be removed

    70 64.22%
  • itís discrimination

    61 55.96%
  • itís bigotry

    47 43.12%
  • itís disgusting

    36 33.03%
  • I support this

    7 6.42%
  • it does NOT violate the constitution and should stand

    6 5.50%
  • itís NOT discrimination

    2 1.83%
  • itís NOT bigotry

    4 3.67%
  • itís righteousness

    6 5.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 351

Thread: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Then you would be very surprised to learn that a large number of deeds for real propoperty owned across the United States expressily forbids ownership of the property by Asians, Blacks, and other minorities. Much like the atheist laws that still appear on the books, subsequent laws have made such decrimination illegal, and unenforceable.
    Yes, that is true, in fact, there are tons and tons and tons of laws on the books that are absurd and outdated and never, ever, ever enforced, but cannot be removed until they are challenged in court and nobody pays any attention to them whatsoever, thus they never get into the courts in the first place.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #82
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Then you would be very surprised to learn that a large number of deeds for real propoperty owned across the United States expressily forbids ownership of the property by Asians, Blacks, and other minorities. Much like the atheist laws that still appear on the books, subsequent laws have made such decrimination illegal, and unenforceable.

    Racial Restrictive Covenants
    no im not surprised by that actually, i knew about those things and hell there was just a banking scandal recently where minorities were treated different.

    Thanks for the link though im sure it will open some eyes.

    with that siad what you posted is by no means any more or less despicable and disgusting to even go on here or be on the books whether it is actually practiced or not.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #83
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yes, that is true, in fact, there are tons and tons and tons of laws on the books that are absurd and outdated and never, ever, ever enforced, but cannot be removed until they are challenged in court and nobody pays any attention to them whatsoever, thus they never get into the courts in the first place.
    not sure if it still exists but in PA there was a law on the books stating that all business had to have a place to tie up horses and of course none of them too any more lol
    also illegal to sing in the shower
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #84
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Well, I'm against it in the modern day. But unlike the blubbering few believe, this isn't about republicans or conservatives. You know at the time everyone thought Philly would be the capitol of our fledgling nation. But any slave entering Philly was freed so the legislators just couldn't have that (and Washington owned some useless swamp land he was eager to unload - DC). Why was that you ask - PA was the Quaker State.

  5. #85
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not sure if it still exists but in PA there was a law on the books stating that all business had to have a place to tie up horses and of course none of them too any more lol
    also illegal to sing in the shower
    They're called Blue Laws and every state has their own variety.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not sure if it still exists but in PA there was a law on the books stating that all business had to have a place to tie up horses and of course none of them too any more lol
    also illegal to sing in the shower
    Exactly, you can find tons of websites and books on stupid laws and these all fit into the same category. They're just defunct laws that nobody has ever bothered to take off the books. Personally, I think that every law in the nation ought to be enforced for 20 years and then it has to be reviewed and either specifically reinstated or it automatically drops off the books.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #87
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no im not surprised by that actually, i knew about those things and hell there was just a banking scandal recently where minorities were treated different.

    Thanks for the link though im sure it will open some eyes.

    with that siad what you posted is by no means any more or less despicable and disgusting to even go on here or be on the books whether it is actually practiced or not.

    I suppose the learning moment comes from the fact that despite such words in important laws and documents, most are no longer enforcible, which reflects the belief in equality among people that makes up society today.

    That's not to say some don't make a living trying to keeps the idea of descirmination alive.

  8. #88
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They're called Blue Laws and every state has their own variety.
    yeah studied them many moons ago in highschool there were some real good ones
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #89
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    It's blatant discrimination, and should be struck down.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #90
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Appalling Discrimination against atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Exactly, you can find tons of websites and books on stupid laws and these all fit into the same category. They're just defunct laws that nobody has ever bothered to take off the books. Personally, I think that every law in the nation ought to be enforced for 20 years and then it has to be reviewed and either specifically reinstated or it automatically drops off the books.
    seems like a good idea to me id be a little worried about the automatic part though, i think politicians would try to sneak stuff off. Not to make more work and more departments but if this was controlled id be all for it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •