View Poll Results: Would you vote for or consider voting for an Atheist for any public office?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 91.03%
  • No

    7 8.97%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 187

Thread: Would you vote for an Atheist?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Your interpretation of my post is flawed.
    It's exactly as you said, if you meant something else you should have written something else. IYO Atheists compose the greater evil and you cannot support them against already established and demonstrated evil because somehow being an atheist will be worse than the liars and cheats already in office. Your argument, not mine.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's exactly as you said, if you meant something else you should have written something else. IYO Atheists compose the greater evil and you cannot support them against already established and demonstrated evil because somehow being an atheist will be worse than the liars and cheats already in office. Your argument, not mine.
    I'm getting tired of trying to have adult discussions with people that just come here for childish bickering, have a nice day.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    No, atheists have no morals.
    ... good one ...

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Religion or the lack there of has never been important to me with any political candidate. It is his views on the issues and whether I can trust him, if I feel he will do honor to the office and do the best job. The same goes for political parties or the lack there of too, party affiliation is not important, it is the individual running.
    how about a "she"? :-)

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    No moral compass, no vote.
    why do you have to believe in God to have a moral compass? Most of the atheists I know, both conservative and liberal (and I know quite a few), definitely have moral compasses. And I think we agree that there are many, many believers who have none.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'm getting tired of trying to have adult discussions with people that just come here for childish bickering, have a nice day.
    So insult and running away is all you got? Thought so. That was your argument, you made it here. Your argument doesn't seem all that sound when taken on whole is all. Sorry that you didn't like your own argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    why do you have to believe in God to have a moral compass? Most of the atheists I know, both conservative and liberal (and I know quite a few), definitely have moral compasses. And I think we agree that there are many, many believers who have none.
    What does an atheist base his morals on besides mans law?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So insult and running away is all you got? Thought so. That was your argument, you made it here. Your argument doesn't seem all that sound when taken on whole is all. Sorry that you didn't like your own argument.
    You just don't seem to want honest conversation so I have no time for you, not an insult but an observation.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sometimes I get burned out on the thought of a "god" whatever that is. All the suffering in the world at times makes me think their just can't be a caring God so I quit my morning prayer. After a while things start seeming bleak though so I start to pray again and immediately things are better so it works for me.
    I suspect it works for you because when you start to pray you believe it'll help and you (not some deity) make things happen (instead of wallowing in self pity) ...

  10. #40
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    What does an atheist base his morals on besides mans law?
    You don't have to believe in Jesus to agree with the golden rule
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •