View Poll Results: Would you vote for or consider voting for an Atheist for any public office?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 91.03%
  • No

    7 8.97%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 187

Thread: Would you vote for an Atheist?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    No moral compass, no vote.
    Do you vote for Republicans or Democrats? They don't seem to have an accurate moral compass.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Atheist at best follow mans laws, IMO a deeper law needs adhered to.
    And our politicians who are claiming religion, they're following these deeper laws then? So you're already voting for people who don't, why not an atheist? Not like they're going to be worse than your phony Christians already in office.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Do you vote for Republicans or Democrats? They don't seem to have an accurate moral compass.
    Unfortunately life often boils down to choosing the lesser of two evils.

  4. #24
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sometimes I get burned out on the thought of a "god" whatever that is. All the suffering in the world at times makes me think their just can't be a caring God so I quit my morning prayer. After a while things start seeming bleak though so I start to pray again and immediately things are better so it works for me.
    Do whatever works for you.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Unfortunately life often boils down to choosing the lesser of two evils.
    The lesser of two evils is still evil. And you're throwing out atheists not because they are "evil" but because you THINK they are evil; all the while supporting our descent into hell. Good job.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    If I were an attendee of a church, and I am not, I would have every right to be upset if the preacher was an atheist..
    I'd weakly prefer my political leader/Representative not to be a Muslim....but this matters less and less every day..
    I do NOT want any extremist - these people are a serious problem...

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The lesser of two evils is still evil. And you're throwing out atheists not because they are "evil" but because you THINK they are evil; all the while supporting our descent into hell. Good job.
    I never said atheist are evil. Why put words in my mouth? Is your argument so weak that is the only way you can present it?

  8. #28
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I never said atheist are evil. Why put words in my mouth? Is your argument so weak that is the only way you can present it?
    You said you wouldn't vote for atheists because they don't have a moral compass and when I pointed out that others already in office often lack the same thing, you claim you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Making the phony Christians the lesser evil and Atheists the greater evil.

    Can you remember the things you wrote a few posts back?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'll vote for whoever matches me best on the issues, but I'd actually really prefer my candidates to be atheist. With religious candidates you always have to worry if they'll place their god or religion above their constituents. Some politicians will even go out of their way to make sure you know their god comes first. Their sole and only responsibility should be to the American people.
    A "like" and oh so true..particularly in the land of Islam.......here....not much of a problem, IMO.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You said you wouldn't vote for atheists because they don't have a moral compass and when I pointed out that others already in office often lack the same thing, you claim you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Making the phony Christians the lesser evil and Atheists the greater evil.

    Can you remember the things you wrote a few posts back?
    Your interpretation of my post is flawed.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •