View Poll Results: Do you support the Death Penalty

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support the Death Penalty

    38 42.70%
  • I Oppose the Death Penalty due to Principle

    27 30.34%
  • I Oppose the Death Penalty due to Practicality

    17 19.10%
  • Other

    7 7.87%
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 335

Thread: Death Penalty in Theory

  1. #271
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    A more direct question would be, do you think the current appeal process of 10-15 years is a bit excessive for a conviction based upon DNA evidence?
    again circumstantial, was my DNA found on my dead girlfriend, not so much it should be there
    if i happened to be driving to Florida and some lady is found dead and my DNA is found in her house and there no proof of me knowing her etc, maybe

    with that said the years are always going to be excessive for me, admitting i dont know the process what is the road block from stream lining the appeals in capitol punishment cases
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #272
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    again circumstantial, was my DNA found on my dead girlfriend, not so much it should be there
    if i happened to be driving to Florida and some lady is found dead and my DNA is found in her house and there no proof of me knowing her etc, maybe

    with that said the years are always going to be excessive for me, admitting i dont know the process what is the road block from stream lining the appeals in capitol punishment cases
    There was nothing circumstantial in the question. Have you ever answered a direct question directly?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #273
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    1.)There was nothing circumstantial in the question.
    2.) Have you ever answered a direct question directly?
    1.) 100% false, your question is 100% circumstantial, you said "DNA evidence" Like i said thats broad and not specific enough it would depend on the degree of evidence like the examples i provided
    2.) if they can be answered directly yes. Yours can not because its not a yes no question.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #274
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% false, your question is 100% circumstantial, you said "DNA evidence" Like i said thats broad and not specific enough it would depend on the degree of evidence like the examples i provided
    2.) if they can be answered directly yes. Yours can not because its not a yes no question.
    I have asked you before not to number your responses to my posts. It was a direct question, but the response injected variables not asked...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #275
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    1.)I have asked you before not to number your responses to my posts.
    2.) It was a direct question, but the response injected variables not asked...
    1.) dont remember you and im going to continue to do it because it makes it easier
    2.) no i interjected reality

    the reality is depending on the circumstances i might answer yes or no, if you dont like the answer the problem is yours
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #276
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) dont remember you and im going to continue to do it because it makes it easier
    2.) no i interjected reality

    the reality is depending on the circumstances i might answer yes or no, if you dont like the answer the problem is yours
    Simple minds don't interest me, so good evening...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #277
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Simple minds don't interest me, so good evening...
    so wait, you didnt like that i said it was circumstantial and that i " injected variables" but some how im simple, yep that makes perfect sense lol
    sorry i used logic, common sense and reality and that was to much for you, move along thats what i thought
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #278
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Justice implies that the scales have been balanced. Iow, if you kill, then balance for your crime would be your death. Equal measures.
    No it doesn't, If you rape someone, you don't get raped, if you rob a store it doesn't just mean you ahve to gie the store something. The Justice system has NEVER been about equal measures.

  9. #279
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Only because you wish to label it as such, appropriate use of government force is still LIMITED use of government force.
    No one has stated otherwise. But being forced to apologize for torturing and raping children is not a "Just" punishment. The punishment is completely disconnected from the crime - justice has not been performed at all.

    And in justice where in the government is called down to exercise force against the rights of the individual, the manner and magnitude to that which it can be done is limited. And eye for an eye is not justice, it's purposeful revenge in today's day and age.
    No. For example, if you were to kill an entire family, the death penalty would not call for the death of you and your immediate family as well. THAT would be eye-for-an-eye style revenge. Having the punishment fit the crime (you killed people, you are killed) can only be eye-for-an-eye if you killed one individual in the exact manner that the state performs executions, and even then it would be happenstance rather than intent.

  10. #280
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Death Penalty in Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No. For example, if you were to kill an entire family, the death penalty would not call for the death of you and your immediate family as well. THAT would be eye-for-an-eye style revenge. Having the punishment fit the crime (you killed people, you are killed) can only be eye-for-an-eye if you killed one individual in the exact manner that the state performs executions, and even then it would be happenstance rather than intent.
    sophistry
    Pronunciation: /ˈsɒfɪstri/
    noun (plural sophistries)
    [mass noun]

    *
    the use of clever but false arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving: trying to argue that I had benefited in any way from the disaster was pure sophistry
    *
    [count noun] a fallacious argument.

    Source: OED
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •