View Poll Results: has obama brought races together

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • no. obama made race relations worse

    49 72.06%
  • yes, obama has united races as never before

    2 2.94%
  • obama has had no effect on race relations

    17 25.00%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 275

Thread: Has obama brought the races together[W:225]

  1. #221
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As you wish.
    not a wish, a fact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Post racial? No. In fact, it's turned around and now the blacks are much more racist than the whites.
    there is so much garbage like yours on this thread that it's in danger of being designated a landfill ... Good news for you, however ... August 28th is the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington ... hold off on the rest of your racist crap until then ... while decent people celebrate, you and your ilk can spend the entire day posting how whites are discriminated against and how blacks have all of the best, most powerful jobs in the country, the greatest amount of wealth, the best and most education, the best healthcare, and on and on ... Want to give it a go? See you then ...

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I don't believe I've ever used the term "post-racial America." Racism certainly exists, but it has been separated from its former social and institutional supports. It's a bit like cigarette smoking, no longer broadly acceptable, and increasingly confined to isolated, marginalized environments. It's now an individual failing. That's what makes "white privilege" such a silly term.
    white privilege is anything but silly, and in fact you demonstrated in your post by downplaying the depth of racism that still exists in this country ... it's not your problem Jack, it never has been ... but it continues to be "their" problem ... that's white privilege, and you'll continue to enjoy it to your last breath ...

  4. #224
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    white privilege is anything but silly, and in fact you demonstrated in your post by downplaying the depth of racism that still exists in this country ... it's not your problem Jack, it never has been ... but it continues to be "their" problem ... that's white privilege, and you'll continue to enjoy it to your last breath ...
    Sorry, but yours is a content-free post. I invited you to explain your view, and you declined. So be it.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #225
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,892

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Moderator's Warning:
    Has obama brought the races together[W:225]The baiting and personal comments need to stop now. Return to the topic, which is not each other.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sorry, but yours is a content-free post. I invited you to explain your view, and you declined. So be it.
    you've always had this problem Jack, and I'm surprised you haven't done anything about it .. if someone posts something that you don't like, understand, or have an answer for, you say it's content-free ... and then you add some version of a common con post "I see you surrendered," "I see you're deflecting," "I don't blame you for retreating," ... Jack, you're to smart to pretend that there is no privilege to being white in this country ... I prefer to think that you're simply exercising your white privilege and being dishonest ...

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    wow thats a long post to say no you arent.
    play nice? remind me which on of us posted lies about the other?
    and what act, how am i acting "tough" this is a message board if you havent realized
    pointing out your failed posts and lies is communicating. nice try though

    let me know if you change your mind

    facts defeat you again
    Can't say I didn't try.

  8. #228
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    you've always had this problem Jack, and I'm surprised you haven't done anything about it .. if someone posts something that you don't like, understand, or have an answer for, you say it's content-free ... and then you add some version of a common con post "I see you surrendered," "I see you're deflecting," "I don't blame you for retreating," ... Jack, you're to smart to pretend that there is no privilege to being white in this country ... I prefer to think that you're simply exercising your white privilege and being dishonest ...
    No. I simply don't believe white privilege exists. Class privilege exists. If you are going to assert the existence of white privilege then you'll have to do something more than claim I'm too smart not to know about it. Otherwise, knock off the unearned condescension.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Looks to me like he got the best of you all around.
    Jack, it amazes me what a poor judge of posts you are .. What the heck were you reading to arrive at that conclusion? Get a grip man!

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. I simply don't believe white privilege exists. Class privilege exists. If you are going to assert the existence of white privilege then you'll have to do something more than claim I'm too smart not to know about it. Otherwise, knock off the unearned condescension.
    What is the relationship between race and class? And don't be so modest ... you earned the condescension ...

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •