View Poll Results: has obama brought races together

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • no. obama made race relations worse

    49 72.06%
  • yes, obama has united races as never before

    2 2.94%
  • obama has had no effect on race relations

    17 25.00%
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 275

Thread: Has obama brought the races together[W:225]

  1. #171
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And yet the story is true . . .

    Denial always ends badly.



    Bringing it up in this thread is far right bull****. It has nothing to with whether Obama has brought the races together. It's another attempt to make Obama look bad using something that he had nothing to do with personally. It's a cheap trick.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So if you were black and hated Bush were you racist?
    Only if I hated him because of his skin color. There were many other reasons.

  3. #173
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Obama's job is not to bring races together. He is President. I want him focusing on the economy and foreign affairs. He was not elected President to bring the races together. I have noticed, however, that it brought out the racist side of some people, who got very upset that a black man got elected....twice. I'm from the deep south, and I was truly surprised at how many outright racists there are in this country, still. (I saw plenty of pics of white people dressed up as black African witchdoctors at anti-Obama rallies, pics of blacks with big lips making the rounds on anti-Obama sites, the birther crazies, and recently a clown with an act about black Obama with big lips and being killed by a bull and having a pole rammed up his ***). And I grew up around plenty of racists...but I didn't think there were that many left, and that they hated blacks that much.

    I don't think of him as black or white or purple. Really. (Note: I'm white and from the deeeeep south.) I suppose Obama has had about the same effect on race relations that George Bush did. Did you ask that question about Bush?
    Last edited by JumpinJack; 08-24-13 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Add examples

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    That is a ****ing hoax dude. It was a letter to the editor of the Washington Star. The Washington Star later apologized and said it was printed without verifying it's authenticity. It's Congressional record because a follow up by the Star read by a Rep from NY shows no Israel Cohen existed, and there was never a book with that title. It was used by a southern Mississippi Rep in a debate against the Civil Rights Act. Claiming that Civil rights was a communist plot was a common tactic by southern racist during the era. I'm hoping you posted that in ignorance!
    You liberals, always going on about insignificant details.




    (irony alert)

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Which party continues to harp on these issues as a basis to advance its agenda. You see, once race is removed from the equation, you then need to deal with the underlying issues...
    Americans hate talking about class issues even more than they hate talking about race issues. In fact, race is often used to avoid talking about class.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I know what I think. I have no idea what you think I think.
    you have a very good idea, quit pretending ... it's what you've indicated in your previous posts on the subject ... that we're living in a post-racial America ...

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    He jumped in and played the poor oppressed black man at every opportunity. You say it was only a few times, so what. The reality is those were huge race relation events that he morphed into Jesses Jackson for.
    pathetic as always ... on the other hand, I'd rather have you on these threads posting bigoted nonsense than on the streets harassing people as they walk by ... have a good night, please don't go out ...

  8. #178
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    you have a very good idea, quit pretending ... it's what you've indicated in your previous posts on the subject ... that we're living in a post-racial America ...
    Post racial? No. In fact, it's turned around and now the blacks are much more racist than the whites.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #179
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Please don't be condescending.

    Here is the point. ... You seem to think that if YOU do not see the racial component then it does not exist. When then is pointing out the racial component in an issue become legitimate? Who makes that decision?
    Just being light-hearted.

    Because there's such a thing as hate crimes on the books, a jury of your peers would make that judgement in a court of law. Otherwise it's not all that relevant to legal discussion.

    First thing we need to do is know that it's not a them against us issue. All people are generally good and the ones with malice in their hearts are not hard to pick off.

  10. #180
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has obama brought the races together

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Bringing it up in this thread is far right bull****. It has nothing to with whether Obama has brought the races together. It's another attempt to make Obama look bad using something that he had nothing to do with personally. It's a cheap trick.
    You're the one who asked for evidence . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •