View Poll Results: Is God a male or a female?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female

    6 16.67%
  • Male

    8 22.22%
  • Combination

    22 61.11%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 184

Thread: Is God male or female?

  1. #61
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Jesus is the second persona of the Holy Trinity, and therefore God.
    That's only if one accepts the three in one school of thought re: God. Not all Christian religions do so. Some believe that Jesus was the absolute first "born", the very first sprirtual being ever created before any of the angels or human souls or anything else.

    With male pronouns, yes. Again, however, given the fact that God is a spiritual, rather than physical being, this doesn't really mean much of anything.
    Male pronouns were used because as a whole man kind is rather patriartical. Were we more matriartical, it is likely that we would be discussing Goddess (with the pagans worshiping the God) and how Eve was the first human created and Adam was made from her rib.

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    To be the creator, God would have to be a hermaphrodite. I don't mean that to be snarky, just realistic. The odds are the God doesn't look a whole lot like you do.
    Not necessarily. You make that assumption (most likely) based on the fact that we are a binary species, as indeed is most life on the planet. But if the Creator had decided on a trinary species (ref: Alien Nation's Tenctonese) you would probably be assuming a being that was the combination of all three.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The collective conscious and subconscious of all entities living and 'dead'. It amazes me that people cannot even conceive of a God other than a deity, such is the pervasiveness of theism. Theism has terribly limited our ability to conceive forces beyond our perception and control.
    That does not preclude being a diety at least insofar as a deity is defined. Such a collective could well exist outside of time/space and thus be responsible for the time/space creation. Effectively a causality loop. Or it could be considered that the singular "deity" split itself up into multiple beings to populate its universe, again still fitting with your concept. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your thought, only in the seeming assertion that by being such a collective it precludes the deity status.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l know however it gives the impression that they believe god is a man

    doesnt it ?
    No it doesn't.

    Here's food for thought medusa. When the Sistine Chapel was being painted by Michelangelo, the Pope instructed him to paint God fully clothed because God has no gender.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    No it doesn't.

    Here's food for thought medusa. When the Sistine Chapel was being painted by Michelangelo, the Pope instructed him to paint God fully clothed because God has no gender.
    famous michelangelo learnt how to paint god from pope

    good.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #64
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is God male or female?

    If god were male or female, it would mean that God can sexually reproduce, which would undermine the idea of a single divine creator being.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #65
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I thought that the Trinity was Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit. Doesn't that mean that Jesus IS God? Then what is the Father?
    One in the same.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #66
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If god were male or female, it would mean that God can sexually reproduce, which would undermine the idea of a single divine creator being.
    Not exactly. There are people who cannot sexually reproduce, does that mean they are neither male nor female?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #67
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If god were male or female, it would mean that God can sexually reproduce, which would undermine the idea of a single divine creator being.
    kuran says teh same thing ,tucker
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #68
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not exactly. There are people who cannot sexually reproduce, does that mean they are neither male nor female?
    They are human organisms, aka members of a species that sexually reproduces. The whole point of the gonads existing in a species is to accomplish the singular task of ****ing.

    If we assume that God is "the one true god", we are essentially assuming that it is the only member of a single-organism species. No single organism species would have a sex, because it is impossible for it to HAVE sex (short of banging other species). Thus, we can reasonably conclude that either God is 1. Sexless 2. one of many organisms in it's species or 3. From Kentucky
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #69
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They are human organisms, aka members of a species that sexually reproduces. The whole point of the gonads existing in a species is to accomplish the singular task of ****ing.

    If we assume that God is "the one true god", we are essentially assuming that it is the only member of a single-organism species. No single organism species would have a sex, because it is impossible for it to HAVE sex (short of banging other species). Thus, we can reasonably conclude that either God is 1. Sexless 2. one of many organisms in it's species or 3. From Kentucky
    As we understand things, but we don't have complete understanding either. God refers to himself as male, Jesus was male.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #70
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    As we understand things, but we don't have complete understanding either. God refers to himself as male, Jesus was male.
    jesus was not god
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •