View Poll Results: Is God a male or a female?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female

    6 16.67%
  • Male

    8 22.22%
  • Combination

    22 61.11%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 184

Thread: Is God male or female?

  1. #111
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    44,341

    Re: Is God male or female?

    God is whatever the ruling class wants him to be. If women ruled the world, God would be a female and in some religious, some of the highest deities are indeed female.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  2. #112
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Even the bible suggests there is more than one God....

    Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

    Deuteronomy 5:7 "You shall have no other gods before me."



    Heavenly Mother....


    Heavenly Mother - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Heavenly Mother (Mormonism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm Bahai, which means I believe Baha'u'llah in the 19th century was the most recent divine messenger and everything he said is binding. Baha'u'llah revealed that there is no God besides God.

    On this basis, I assume that the OT demands not to worship other gods is not supposed that these other gods are real, or at least no gods beside the one single God. When you look at the wording, it doesn't imply these other gods people are not supposed to worship actually have to exist.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  3. #113
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,144

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Even the bible suggests there is more than one God....

    Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

    Deuteronomy 5:7 "You shall have no other gods before me."



    Heavenly Mother....


    Heavenly Mother - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Heavenly Mother (Mormonism) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Beyond that, the original Hebrew and Chaldean word for "god' is a plural form. It is when in the old estimate, "Lord God" that there is a name attached, and if I recall correctly, two different names are used.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,144

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    God is whatever the ruling class wants him to be. If women ruled the world, God would be a female and in some religious, some of the highest deities are indeed female.
    Yes.

    We create God in our own image.

  5. #115
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,308

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Bad poll. God is not a person.
    But, Risky. If god was a person, wouldn't that explain a lot of ****? I mean... surely a supernatural being wouldn't have ****ed the planet as much as it is? Who else but a person would have designed humans to be such a vulnerable, fragile vessel? It's like human bodies have been designed by Homer Simpson. Oh, wait, Homer isn't a person. He's not real. Never mind. I thought I was onto something.

    I would have to ask: Why would something that could create universes have to have a gender? To something that powerful, humans would have to be nothing more than like a kid's science project...that went amuck.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    26,144

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    But, Risky. If god was a person, wouldn't that explain a lot of ****? I mean... surely a supernatural being wouldn't have ****ed the planet as much as it is? Who else but a person would have designed humans to be such a vulnerable, fragile vessel? It's like human bodies have been designed by Homer Simpson. Oh, wait, Homer isn't a person. He's not real. Never mind. I thought I was onto something.

    I would have to ask: Why would something that could create universes have to have a gender? To something that powerful, humans would have to be nothing more than like a kid's science project...that went amuck.
    Did God create the universe? If you read the Torah in the original language, you will see that the process of creating the "known" universe could be a process we hypothesis as "terraforming."

    You have to remember that religion has always been historically used as a tool by those in power. The King James and following English versions depart in several ways from the oldest known text.

  7. #117
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,308

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Did God create the universe? If you read the Torah in the original language, you will see that the process of creating the "known" universe could be a process we hypothesis as "terraforming."

    You have to remember that religion has always been historically used as a tool by those in power. The King James and following English versions depart in several ways from the oldest known text.
    Lord...I'll be honest here. I'm atheist. And I was just throwing in a little fun and sarcasm by using Risky's post as a bouncing board. And plus I know Risky wouldn't mind me doing that.

  8. #118
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    07-18-18 @ 05:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    946

    Re: Is God male or female?

    This is how my GOD look like

    Is God male or female?-222222-jpg
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,670
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is God male or female?

    God is neither, cannot be, thus, again, no vote.Thats if there is a God. I think there is, but not as we would think...

  10. #120
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    But, Risky. If god was a person, wouldn't that explain a lot of ****? I mean... surely a supernatural being wouldn't have ****ed the planet as much as it is? Who else but a person would have designed humans to be such a vulnerable, fragile vessel? It's like human bodies have been designed by Homer Simpson. Oh, wait, Homer isn't a person. He's not real. Never mind. I thought I was onto something.

    I would have to ask: Why would something that could create universes have to have a gender? To something that powerful, humans would have to be nothing more than like a kid's science project...that went amuck.
    LOL! Great post as always, RM. You may be correct. No god could have ****ed up the planet if he didn't have a huge god-schlong. Therefore God is a dude. At the present God has a stiffy for the Middle East.They piss him off. On the other hand, I would say that God prefers Notre Dame football and for reasons unknown God is less than pleased with Tebow. God seems to want Tebow to play left home at away games.

    As for God and women, He isn't that into the wimmen thing. God seems to like Ophra, Julia Roberts, Angela Merkel, Emma Thompson and that woman with big tits on CNN.









    The country can no longer afford to wait to ascertain why President Trump has subordinated himself to Putin—it must deal with the fact that he has. - David From

    When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters. - Amin Maalouf



Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •