View Poll Results: Is God a male or a female?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female

    6 16.67%
  • Male

    8 22.22%
  • Combination

    22 61.11%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 184

Thread: Is God male or female?

  1. #91
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Penises certainly look like a last-minute addition.
    This is probably the truest thing said in this thread.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #92
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Is God male or female?

    God is female. She would have to be to do all of that creating. She's also black as tar. Prepare yourself now so that you won't be standing at heaven's gate with your mouth hanging open like some kind of idiot.

    Go forth and multiply:

    2 x 2 = 4
    12 x 9 = 108
    415287.63 x 425.8 = 17708012.854
    etc...

  3. #93
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    He was, and Is.
    As that is not anything explicitly set forth in the Bible, your support for that is nothing more than your understanding, which again is rooted in the determination of the Council of Nicea in 327. The concept of the Trinity is a neat package that explains much buy also begs a ton of other questions. For example: If Jesus was God, how would Satan tempt him?
    Last edited by upsideguy; 08-23-13 at 12:39 PM.

  4. #94
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    As that is not anything explicitly set forth in the Bible, your support for that is nothing more than your understanding. If Jesus was God, how would Satan tempt him?
    At the time he was 100% man as well. That's how.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #95
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    I'm not saying that you are wrong in your thought, only in the seeming assertion that by being such a collective it precludes the deity status.
    An individual built from various changing parts would not be sovereign, thus would be more a slave than a deity. I don't believe in such a manifestation, but others could.

  6. #96
    Advisor douglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-16 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    458

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Or, there's no god.

  7. #97
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Not necessarily. You make that assumption (most likely) based on the fact that we are a binary species, as indeed is most life on the planet. But if the Creator had decided on a trinary species (ref: Alien Nation's Tenctonese) you would probably be assuming a being that was the combination of all three.
    .
    Poor communication on my part. I was trying to say that God is unlikely to be of human appearance and would be self-contained rather than being male, female or otherwise. It's hard for me to envision what the creator of the universe might actually "look" like, we're talking about a source of matter, time and energy, nothing comprehensible to the binary, carbon-based life forms we have evolved to. People tend to anthropomorphize "god" but that doesn't seem realistic, just convenient.

  8. #98
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Is God male or female?

    What's the obsession with male or female? It doesn't matter what God appears to be to us when discussing physical attributes. God may not have any at all. He or she or whatever is first and last spiritual. Anything other than the spiritual doesn't matter at all. In fact, one of the few things that distinguishes humans from other living things here is the spiritual element we all have, whether we recognize it or not. In fact, a lot of animal lovers here could testify that we are not alone in reasoning power. Animals may suck at it, but some of them do rational things and reasoning is a part of those events, however small.

  9. #99
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Is God male or female?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Poor communication on my part. I was trying to say that God is unlikely to be of human appearance and would be self-contained rather than being male, female or otherwise. It's hard for me to envision what the creator of the universe might actually "look" like, we're talking about a source of matter, time and energy, nothing comprehensible to the binary, carbon-based life forms we have evolved to. People tend to anthropomorphize "god" but that doesn't seem realistic, just convenient.
    Greetings, Specklebang!

    Excellent post. Anything that is powerful enough to create what we call the universe probably couldn't be described. We don't know enough yet, IMO. :

  10. #100
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Is God male or female?

    If we're talking about the god described by the bible, he's always referred to as male. However the god described in the bible is also a singular entity that cannot reproduce, so genderless makes a lot of sense. If you can't reproduce, gender doesn't really have any meaning.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •