View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #791
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Can't we just take the Contras again?
    Hmmm. How did that go?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  2. #792
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's all the fear mongering used in doing so that has consumed our rights as our government has used this as an excuse for massive expansion of powers and has taken it against our freedom and liberty. I'd rather not cede freedom for low probability events.
    All I'm doing is pointing out the historical evidence thar proves inaction to a threat has negative concequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #793
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    In the case of Syria you have the choice of engaging the Alawite, Ba'athist, Shi'a enemy or the Salafist, Al Qaeda, Wahhabist enemy. You choose.,
    Backing down, now, isn!t an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #794
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All I'm doing is pointing out the historical evidence thar proves inaction to a threat has negative concequences.
    And that proof would be? I think at best you're going to have WW II, the last time we officially declared war. At best.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #795
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Hmmm. How did that go?
    We got to run drugs and guns, and we love running drugs and guns.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #796
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Backing down, now, isn!t an option.
    There is nothing to be gained by bombing Syria. There are at least six factions trying to topple Assad, and when he's gone, they'll fight amongst each other for control of the country...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #797
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Backing down, now, isn!t an option.
    Don't know how to break this but, THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #798
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Don't know how to break this but, THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU.
    Where the hell did that stupidity come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #799
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There is nothing to be gained by bombing Syria. There are at least six factions trying to topple Assad, and when he's gone, they'll fight amongst each other for control of the country...
    Good afternoon, AP.

    Great post! This is why we don't need to cause additional chaos and deaths by interfering in what is actually a religious war in Syria! They've been killing each other over this topic for hundreds of years. The UN has the responsibility of proving which faction used the chemical weapons and determining punishment. That doesn't seem to be BHO's objective in bombing Syria, however. It appears that he wants to pick the winner, and that can only cause further problems! :

  10. #800
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good afternoon, AP.

    Great post! This is why we don't need to cause additional chaos and deaths by interfering in what is actually a religious war in Syria! They've been killing each other over this topic for hundreds of years. The UN has the responsibility of proving which faction used the chemical weapons and determining punishment. That doesn't seem to be BHO's objective in bombing Syria, however. It appears that he wants to pick the winner, and that can only cause further problems! :
    Good afternoon pg... It's hard to pick a winner when you have multiple small groups fighting to topple the dictator because once the dictator is gone, those smaller groups re-align among each other and then fight for overall control...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •