View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #751
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Whose lives? Why do you want to expend our blood and treasure when we have no dog in this fight?

    What is our vital national interest? Are you really that willing to take actions that could result in killing our Russian friends? And what happens when they respond by sinking the warships that fire the cruise missiles?

    If we take this idiotic action so the idiot in the White house (and you) can feel good about yourselves are you telling me that there will be NO MORE KILLING?
    Of course there will still be killing. This is a job for the United Nations, not the United States. The government using chemical weapons on it's citizens breaks international law established by the UN in the Geneva convention.

    The U.S. has no legal basis for its action in Syria, but that won’t stop us from going in anyhow. - Slate Magazine

    The Geneva Protocol of 1925 (which Syria ratified) and the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993 (which Syria has not ratified) ban the use of chemical weapons, but do not authorize countries to attack other countries that violate these treaties. The United States has no more authority to attack Syria for violating these treaties than it does to bomb Europe for giving import preferences to Caribbean banana producers in violation of international trade law. At one time, countries could use military force as “countermeasures” against treaty violators, but only against violators that harmed the country in question—and Syria has not used chemical weapons against the United States—but in any event, that rule has been superseded by the U.N. Charter.

  2. #752
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,329

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Whose lives? Why do you want to expend our blood and treasure when we have no dog in this fight?

    What is our vital national interest? Are you really that willing to take actions that could result in killing our Russian friends? And what happens when they respond by sinking the warships that fire the cruise missiles?

    If we take this idiotic action so the idiot in the White house (and you) can feel good about yourselves are you telling me that there will be NO MORE KILLING?
    The bad guys are watching; waiting for inaction, indecision and a lack of resolve that will embolden them to strike us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #753
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    strike U.S.? hah time for another 9-11 ? Are we overdue?

  4. #754
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Your wealth of expertise evidently emboldens you to rewrite that 'elementary grasp'. Russia was already motorised. Where did all the T-34s come from? American factories? 100,000 of them? Really? They didn't beat the Germans with American jeeps. lulz
    You illustrate my point. You live under the delusion that with tanks alone an army can win a mechanized war. You simply have no clue.

  5. #755
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    With the exception of the most loyal of lapdogs, I haven't seen anyone in any significant proportion support this endeavor. This crosses all demographics. So, with all signs pointing to the people's will being Stay the Hell out of Syria, and this being a Representative government, and if they do go into Syria despite what the people want how many of you are going to vote against your incumbent should he or she have supported what looks like will be an eventual certainty?

    If you do, you've no one to blame but yourself.
    Well, the same level of opposition existed in the run-up to Iraq. The boots hit the ground and the incumbent was duly returned to power.

    I'm not sure this plays much to electoral politics as I'm not seeing much of a split of opinion between Reps and Dems on this matter.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #756
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    You illustrate my point. You live under the delusion that with tanks alone an army can win a mechanized war. You simply have no clue.
    Can't be bothered. Alright, man.

  7. #757
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    To answer the poll: Where is the "Not yet option?"

    Let's see what happens in G20 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #758
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Well, the same level of opposition existed in the run-up to Iraq. The boots hit the ground and the incumbent was duly returned to power.

    I'm not sure this plays much to electoral politics as I'm not seeing much of a split of opinion between Reps and Dems on this matter.

    and we see where that got us...

  9. #759
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The bad guys are watching; waiting for inaction, indecision and a lack of resolve that will embolden them to strike us.
    Oh please. The quickest way to get "struck", is by going to another country and sticking our big fat noses in where it does not belong.

    If you truly believe "the bad guys are watching" and that that will lead to us being "struck", then why the hell.... IN YOUR OWN WORDS, did 9/11 happen.

    Who was taking inaction then?

    Good Gawd. /facepalm
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #760
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Oh please. The quickest way to get "struck", is by going to another country and sticking our big fat noses in where it does not belong.

    If you truly believe "the bad guys are watching" and that that will lead to us being "struck", then why the hell.... IN YOUR OWN WORDS, did 9/11 happen.

    Who was taking inaction then?

    Good Gawd. /facepalm
    Where he is wrong is that this movement has absolutely nothing to do with us. If anything, by us involving ourselves, we would be making ourselves a target for future attacks, especially when we could actually be aiding groups who are far worse than this current regime.

    People seem to forget that a lot of these groups want a Sharia run state, and we are going to help them create it.

Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •