View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #731
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    You are wrong. The UN inspectors stated no WMDs had been found and they had unimpeded access. I can remember stating that in a College classroom at the time and being accused of being unpatriotic.
    Hahaha, yeah unimpeded. They were led by the nose to whatever Iraq wanted to show them. Don't give me that, I was around and watched the news. It's wasn't at all a cooperative effort, and the deceit involved was enormous. In fact after he was thrown out it became common knowledge that he lied his ass off to everyone, because he was more scared of Iran finding out his gun was empty, than facing the wrath of the US military. Even the Russians believed he had WMDs. And the Germans and French lied their asses off too, because they were selling him weapons right up till the war campaign started. The inspectors had to tell Iraq where they wanted to search ahead of time, instead of the surprise visits that were required. They had plenty of time to move **** around. And we all know where at least some of those WMD's are now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #732
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Don't give me that, I was around and watched the news.
    hah yeah that's the thing about not being barely out of your teens, we lived this stuff.
    Makes ya feel old when it all looks like: I've seen this all before.
    Is the next 9-11 right round the corner?
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  3. #733
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    You are wrong. The UN inspectors stated no WMDs had been found and they had unimpeded access. I can remember stating that in a College classroom at the time and being accused of being unpatriotic.
    At one site on how many?

    they were normally delayed at before every inspection.

  4. #734
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Good old Bushie had to say stuff cuz the childlike minds of most Americans couldn't handle the truth of the situation.
    I still wonder when and how the 'war on terror' will finally be re-labeled the 'war on Islam' not that it will take much doing after the detonation of a 13 kiloton gun type fissile device in NYC, folks will be more riled up than after the twin towers fell
    Hi Ho Silver Away!

    New Hope for the Wretched era

  5. #735
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    [QUOTE=lolabird;1062273167]No. Our President has turned to Congress for a vote of authorization to strike Syria.
    Are you inferring that you would strike without authorization?[/QUOTE]

    You mean like he did in Libya?

  6. #736
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What does this mean? Do you mean that Americans must fight and possibly die because the fool in the White House is a complete idiot?

    And why should Americana taxpayers have to pay out a few hundreds of millions of dollars so that one idiot can feel good about himself?
    If we don't, it could mean the loss of even more lives down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #737
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If we don't, it could mean the loss of even more lives down the road.
    Yes not following a fool in his folly is never a good practice

  8. #738
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hahaha, yeah unimpeded. They were led by the nose to whatever Iraq wanted to show them. Don't give me that, I was around and watched the news. It's wasn't at all a cooperative effort, and the deceit involved was enormous. In fact after he was thrown out it became common knowledge that he lied his ass off to everyone, because he was more scared of Iran finding out his gun was empty, than facing the wrath of the US military. Even the Russians believed he had WMDs. And the Germans and French lied their asses off too, because they were selling him weapons right up till the war campaign started. The inspectors had to tell Iraq where they wanted to search ahead of time, instead of the surprise visits that were required. They had plenty of time to move **** around. And we all know where at least some of those WMD's are now.
    Since you're the only one that knows where they are, I must assume they're in you garage or backyard or cellar. Better be careful Keep watching that news. Mind bending information to follow. Don't be troubled by seeking the truth because it's way to late for youl

  9. #739
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I have three words for Russia: Bring it on.

    After the USA defeats the obsolete Russian military and turns Russia into a sheet of glass and the USA survives the nuclear exchange with minimal casualties, maybe we can have a little talk.

    Anyone can run their mouth.

    It takes a real man to actually get off of his butt and do something. Putin has a big mouth, but he has nothing to back it up with.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Well, there ya have it.
    A nuke exchange with the Ruskies.
    Yea, no one is living through that. Maybe a few hundred thousand that will be dead in months.

  10. #740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If we don't, it could mean the loss of even more lives down the road.
    Bet they said the same thing at the Little Big Horn.
    "Better follow Custer, dont want anyone dying".

Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •