View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #621
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    It's none of our business. We can't afford it, and we've got our own problems to deal with.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #622
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Exactly even if we stormed in there guns a blazin' and killed everyone holding a weapon
    the place would just end up like Lebanon with a 15 year civil war?
    Heck that might be what happens either way?

  3. #623
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,995
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You need to work on putting a few jokes in then. If you're after some good one-liners, I'm sure Tucker or Spud could help. I took your post as serious because it was very reminiscent of many attack-the-French posts I read here regularly. No worries. I'm sure you mean well.

    P.S. Your taste in cheese and beverages is terrible btw. No one would claim Brie to be one of the great cheeses of France; it's as commercially produced as your mozzarella or cheddar. The best French cheese never gets exported; it is local, unpasteurised and matured for ages. Try some Époisses and then try to get enthused about Gouda - another industrial product. And France doesn't do dry white wine??? I guess you never heard of Chablis Premier Cru, or Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault, Mâcon or Volnay.
    Actually, Macon rings a bell, though I can't quite recall it. Again, not a big wine drinker. My favorite white to date is a local winery here in CT. Only whites I really like out of Napa are Mondavi wines.

    I have to stress the aged portion, of aged Gouda. I hate Gouda, as it is normally sold in the states. But aging it totally changes the cheese. Very sharp, but smooth, good variety of flavors. I'd love to try different French cheeses, but all I ever see are Brie, which tastes like crap IMO, and Gorgonzola. While gorg is a GREAT cooking cheese, it's not a good choice for plain eating.

    And I stand by Italian food vs French, lol.

    For me, the best part about France were the views. It's no wonder the country has produced so many noteworthy painters, really a beautiful place.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #624
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    No red line, unless you want to say getting our sons and daughters killed for no good reason
    then I'd call that a red line?
    If Obama doesn't back up his smack talking, it will cost even more lives down the line.

    Inaction, or token action will do nothing but embolden the bad guys around the world. John Kerry is right, "The despites of the world are listening for our silence".

    While I think it was incredibly stupid for Obama to draw his friggin red line, it would be even more stupid--and dangerous--not to follow up on the threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #625
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Well there you go, lobbin' a few cruise missiles isn't' gonna cut it.
    but boots on the ground the way these incompetents would do it would be far worse!

    The best course of action is inaction and...
    I'm telling you
    This whole thing
    is nothing more than a
    diversion
    to get Amnesty passed?

    Trust me, he never intended to do anything there in the first place

  6. #626
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I'd love to try different French cheeses, but all I ever see are Brie, which tastes like crap IMO, and Gorgonzola. While gorg is a GREAT cooking cheese, it's not a good choice for plain eating.
    Gorgonzola's Italian. Try Reblochon, Roquefort and Vacherin, as well as the Époisses.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #627
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Well there you go, lobbin' a few cruise missiles isn't' gonna cut it.
    but boots on the ground the way these incompetents would do it would be far worse!

    The best course of action is inaction and...
    I'm telling you
    This whole thing
    is nothing more than a
    diversion
    to get Amnesty passed?

    Trust me, he never intended to do anything there in the first place
    I don't disagree that this is nothing more than a wag the dog mission, but it will cost American lives in the future if there isn't decisive action taken.

    Without credible action, it will send a message to Iran, Russia, China and every other wack-job around the globe that they can do anything they want and we're just going to flap our gums. The isolationism thing doesn't work. It never has. I think that the isolationist folks are going to learn that lesson the hard way, unless Obama successfully gets the point across to the bad guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #628
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    I must disagree China wants to keep selling stuff to us
    Russia is a Teddy bear and dislikes the Islamo fascists more than we do
    The Syrian civil war has raged on for years so far
    This whole syrian thing is a dodge a distraction so they can pass amnesty
    you wait n see this will be one of those: "I told you so's"

  9. #629
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,357

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If Obama doesn't back up his smack talking, it will cost even more lives down the line.

    Inaction, or token action will do nothing but embolden the bad guys around the world. John Kerry is right, "The despites of the world are listening for our silence".

    While I think it was incredibly stupid for Obama to draw his friggin red line, it would be even more stupid--and dangerous--not to follow up on the threat.
    BHO is not stupid, apdst. Everything he does is for a reason. He seems to enjoy testing boundaries, and going to the UN instead of Congress for an okay on Libya, as an example, showed him how far he could go. Unfortunately for him, this time the UN disagreed with him on Syria, and that's doubtless the reason the story changed, which explains all the talking heads out there telling us that we need to handle Syria for "national security" reasons. Say what? Syria? Really? They've got their own problems with warring factions in a religious war. The Mideast has never ever been peaceful, and we aren't going to change that. Getting involved is not in America's best interest, IMO, since we have our own problems, which are many.

    Kerry just told Congress that there might be American "boots on the ground" in Syria. Why? It's not our fight! : Just because BHO made an unfortunate comment about "lines in the sand" doesn't mean we all have to agree. I understand your argument about looking weak, but we're not, and the world knows that! The riots in the 60s on VietNam was because the people did not agree with the POTUS, and we didn't lose prestige in the eyes of the world then. Today, Wal-Mart is stocked with goods made in VietNam, and the rest of the world buys them, too. Anyway, that is my opinion. You probably don't agree, and that's your right, but that is my opinion, for what it's worth.

  10. #630
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    BHO is not stupid, apdst. Everything he does is for a reason. He seems to enjoy testing boundaries, and going to the UN instead of Congress for an okay on Libya, as an example, showed him how far he could go. Unfortunately for him, this time the UN disagreed with him on Syria, and that's doubtless the reason the story changed, which explains all the talking heads out there telling us that we need to handle Syria for "national security" reasons. Say what? Syria? Really? They've got their own problems with warring factions in a religious war. The Mideast has never ever been peaceful, and we aren't going to change that. Getting involved is not in America's best interest, IMO, since we have our own problems, which are many.

    Kerry just told Congress that there might be American "boots on the ground" in Syria. Why? It's not our fight! : Just because BHO made an unfortunate comment about "lines in the sand" doesn't mean we all have to agree. I understand your argument about looking weak, but we're not, and the world knows that! The riots in the 60s on VietNam was because the people did not agree with the POTUS, and we didn't lose prestige in the eyes of the world then. Today, Wal-Mart is stocked with goods made in VietNam, and the rest of the world buys them, too. Anyway, that is my opinion. You probably don't agree, and that's your right, but that is my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Drawing his red line and fiddle ****ing around about making a decision is a Purdy stupid thing to do, so his intelligence is very debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •