View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Hit Asaad hard from afar, just to let him know he is an asshole for what he ordered..
    Boots on the ground? Never!
    You are falling for the propaganda. I heard that each "missile" (or whatever you call them) cost 1 million dollars. Sure, let's just use them to send a message.

  2. #502
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Explain to me just what you think this little mission is going to accomplish.
    1) Well I cannot go ahead and explain to you my secret mission... Over nothing! Intel costs you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This has nothing to do with the media. Massacres happen all over the world, and the United States does nothing. Why do you think we want to get involved in this one?
    2) Divert the question to your President, Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What makes you think that lobbing a few bombs is going to change anything?
    3) Refer to 2).

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Anyone else other than the United States. I don't really care.
    You bettya!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    1) Well I cannot go ahead and explain to you my secret mission... Over nothing! Intel costs you know!



    2) Divert the question to your President, Obama.



    3) Refer to 2).



    You bettya!
    Thanks for not answering a single one of my questions. So, in other words, you don't know what's going on over there either. Then why are you so keen on the United States involving itself in this fiasco?

    This is really stupid if you think about it. Basically we are telling this dictator that it's okay to kill the people, just not with certain types of weapons.

  4. #504
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Thanks for not answering a single one of my questions. So, in other words, you don't know what's going on over there either. Then why are you so keen on the United States involving itself in this fiasco?
    I grew tired answering questions that you do not seem to read or comprehend. Thought I should just not take you seriously and joke a little instead . You turn better that way as it is apparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is really stupid if you think about it. Basically we are telling this dictator that it's okay to kill the people, just not with certain types of weapons.
    What is there to think even. Gas infuriates everyone! Ever had someone release terrible gas while near you? Eating at a restaurant or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I grew tired answering questions that you do not seem to read or comprehend. Thought I should just not take you seriously and joke a little instead . You turn better that way as it is apparent
    .

    Look you need to stop with the insults right NOW. If you can't answer the questions, just say so. Don't put the blame on me. BTW, you have YET to answer any questions. I don't think you know what's going on here at all.

    What is there to think even. Gas infuriates everyone! Ever had someone release terrible gas while near you? Eating at a restaurant or so?
    What's the difference if you are killed by a gas or any other method. The end results are the same. Dead people.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    So . . . does anyone know what the plan is for us over in Syria. Right now, seems as if we're just sitting there. What if we do decide to take action and launch a couple of bombs or whatever. How many civilians are WE going to kill?

  7. #507
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    .
    Look you need to stop with the insults right NOW. If you can't answer the questions, just say so. Don't put the blame on me. BTW, you have YET to answer any questions. I don't think you know what's going on here at all.
    How do you survive around here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    .
    What's the difference if you are killed by a gas or any other method. The end results are the same. Dead people.
    I do not think I can relate to you any longer. Perhaps someone else could give a try to tell you plain and simple what the difference between mass murder and combat murder may be, and why the earlier should be sanctioned compared to the later.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    How do you survive around here?
    I survive by sticking to the topic and not letting people like you divert attention from it. I will show exactly what I'm talking about with you not able or unwilling to answer specific questions, and this just proves that you don't really know anything about the situation, so I cannot understand why you would defend this decision. Here is a copy of the questions I asked and the answers you gave.

    Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Explain to me just what you think this little mission is going to accomplish.

    DDD's answer:
    1) Well I cannot go ahead and explain to you my secret mission... Over nothing! Intel costs you know!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This has nothing to do with the media. Massacres happen all over the world, and the United States does nothing. Why do you think we want to get involved in this one?

    DDD's answer:
    2) Divert the question to your President, Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What makes you think that lobbing a few bombs is going to change anything?

    DDD's answer:
    3) Refer to 2).

    I do not think I can relate to you any longer. Perhaps someone else could give a try to tell you plain and simple what the difference between mass murder and combat murder may be, and why the earlier should be sanctioned compared to the later.
    And you are of the opinion that American troops should go in there and die and for the rest of us to be responsible for paying for it to assure this? Why?

  9. #509
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    cuz Obmabo's red line drawn with a crayon was crossed?

  10. #510
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    As several people have pointed out, Obama can use military force for 90 days without congressional approval. Asking for Congress permission is not to launch a few missiles. While Obama can say it's to launch a limited strike on Syria, Congressional approval will actually grant Obama sweeping wartime powers, which he'll abuse of course.
    Neither the Constitution nor the war powers act states that he can use military force for 90 days without approval. It states

    "The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situation where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations."

    BEFORE hostilities. He can not attack Syria without first consulting congress. Only after such consultation does it get 60 days (assuming no declaration of war).

Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •