View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #491
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And here you are, a person from another country, trying to push the United States into a war with Syria.
    I am afraid you give me too much power with that! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This stupid military action is NOT going to accomplish anything. The only purpose for this is for Obama to try to not look like a fool. Too late for that I think.
    What happened to the hell zone and the people suffering there? Are those issues not to be aligned with the purpose you mention?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And another thing, don't you tell me to unsubscribe from this thread. I have more of a say of this than you do. I am a citizen of the United States.
    You are on a public forum lady. Your citizenship does not determines the amount of say you have on certain issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I am afraid you give me too much power with that! LOL
    That's what you're doing isn't it?

    What happened to the hell zone and the people suffering there? Are those issues not to be aligned with the purpose you mention?
    I don't think you understood my statement. This response doesn't make sense.

    You are on a public forum lady. Your citizenship does not determines the amount of say you have on certain issues.
    So are you. Don't tell me to unsubscribe from threads ever. I will post on any thread I wish to.

  3. #493
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's what you're doing isn't it?
    I do not think that any of us here has the power to push other countries into doing things. We just come here for opinions. Frankly I doubt that any legitimate (unlike us) politician and decision maker even notices what we do here. Yet you state twice that I have the power to push USA to do things for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't think you understood my statement. This response doesn't make sense.
    You mentioned those earlier, and diminish them as more rightful cause other than face to intervene.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So are you. Don't tell me to unsubscribe from threads ever. I will post on any thread I wish to.
    I have you on my friends list. That was a suggestion to keep away from threads that may not be what you are expecting them to be such as this one. What did you made of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I do not think that any of us here has the power to push other countries into doing things. We just come here for opinions. Frankly I doubt that any legitimate (unlike us) politician and decision maker even notices what we do here. Yet you state twice that I have the power to push USA to do things for me?
    Of course they aren't going to listen to you, but you're trying to make the case as to why we should. Look at the poll results. Americans do NOT want to go there.

    You mentioned those earlier, and diminish them as more rightful cause other than face to intervene.
    Are you aware of all the other atrocities that are MUCH worse than this that occur in this world, and we DO NOT intervene. Why do you think that is? Why is this particular atrocity OUR problem now?


    I have you on my friends list. That was a suggestion to keep away from threads that may not be what you are expecting them to be such as this one. What did you made of it?
    If I wanted to stay away, don't you think I would? I want to talk about this. This concerns me directly. My tax dollars will pay for all of this stuff that I am against. It doesn't make any sense for us to intervene. There are others than can do it.

  5. #495
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course they aren't going to listen to you, but you're trying to make the case as to why we should. Look at the poll results. Americans do NOT want to go there.
    It is not my intent to change the position of all of them here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you aware of all the other atrocities that are MUCH worse than this that occur in this world, and we DO NOT intervene. Why do you think that is? Why is this particular atrocity OUR problem now?
    It is selective media.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If I wanted to stay away, don't you think I would? I want to talk about this. This concerns me directly. My tax dollars will pay for all of this stuff that I am against. It doesn't make any sense for us to intervene. There are others than can do it.
    So you do want to talk. Well then leave the rose colored glasses on the door and expect talking about a hell hole. See that is what it was all about. It is a hell hole because it is oppressed. Being oppressed keeps it being a hell hole. The intervention if done completely would unhell the hole in the long term if the population between Al-Qaeda and Assad are set free. If one were to choose places to intervene based on how appealing the places are there might not be any intervention at all.

    You keep mentioning "others." Whom do you have in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Hit Asaad hard from afar, just to let him know he is an asshole for what he ordered..
    Boots on the ground? Never!

  7. #497
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Let's hope your politicians reflect this 'poll' and pass a NO vote, as for the UK

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  8. #498
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I think Putin is calling Obama's bluff and it's working.

    They see the US as weak and vulnerable.



    I have three words for Russia: Bring it on.

    After the USA defeats the obsolete Russian military and turns Russia into a sheet of glass and the USA survives the nuclear exchange with minimal casualties, maybe we can have a little talk.

    Anyone can run their mouth.

    It takes a real man to actually get off of his butt and do something. Putin has a big mouth, but he has nothing to back it up with.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 09-01-13 at 06:17 AM.

  9. #499
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Obambi can't even manage to lob a few cruise missiles into Damascus?

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It is not my intent to change the position of all of them here.
    Explain to me just what you think this little mission is going to accomplish.

    It is selective media.
    This has nothing to do with the media. Massacres happen all over the world, and the United States does nothing. Why do you think we want to get involved in this one?

    So you do want to talk. Well then leave the rose colored glasses on the door and expect talking about a hell hole. See that is what it was all about. It is a hell hole because it is oppressed. Being oppressed keeps it being a hell hole. The intervention if done completely would unhell the hole in the long term if the population between Al-Qaeda and Assad are set free. If one were to choose places to intervene based on how appealing the places are there might not be any intervention at all.
    What makes you think that lobbing a few bombs is going to change anything?

    You keep mentioning "others." Whom do you have in mind?
    Anyone else other than the United States. I don't really care.

Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •