View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    At this point it is not about troops. It is by allowing them to fight each other did it gathered extremists such as Al-Qaeda. Allowing them to be involved more and there may be less to gain.

    If Al-Qaeda establishes root contact with the majority of the population then you have another Afghanistan in Syria. Who would benefit from that even they manage to kick Assad, Russia, and Iran at a high life price?

    On the other hand if Assad wins there may be more retaliation. There may be media black out Russia style, where people may be put to death squads and no one would know.

    It seems the best way to do this now would be to kick Assad, reach the people, and build on them against extremists there. Kinda like Morsi in Egypt. More work but this should put a plug into "this mess" as you state.
    Do you realize the extent of involvement you're talking about here. Do you realize how much money that would cost the United States? We are still paying for the Iraq war and Afghanistan. OUR people are hurting here at home. There are not enough jobs, and people are having to collect benefits from the government. We have some major problems here at home that need to be taken care of, as well as a lot of money owed, and you want us to build a new nation in Syria? Silly. We should stay out of it and concentrate on OUR problems. Let someone else deal with it.

  2. #482
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you realize the extent of involvement you're talking about here. Do you realize how much money that would cost the United States? We are still paying for the Iraq war and Afghanistan. OUR people are hurting here at home. There are not enough jobs, and people are having to collect benefits from the government. We have some major problems here at home that need to be taken care of, as well as a lot of money owed, and you want us to build a new nation in Syria? Silly. We should stay out of it and concentrate on OUR problems. Let someone else deal with it.
    I do realize them all. Sadly though the enemies realize the limitations also and may be using the limitations to set an example that "We can even gas civilians and US cannot intervene any longer."

    Besides, although I would like to see Syria free for it reminds me the joys of becoming free in 1999, it is not me who is pushing for military action, is it? I said if Obama goes with it then it is unlikely that Al-Qaeda whom would benefit from the strikes would be allowed to be in charge over there.

    For you see you would be switching dictators with that? People may not be liberated at all with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I do realize them all. Sadly though the enemies realize the limitations also and may be using the limitations to set an example that "We can even gas civilians and US cannot intervene any longer."

    Besides, although I would like to see Syria free for it reminds me the joys of becoming free in 1999, it is not me who is pushing for military action, is it? I said if Obama goes with it then it is unlikely that Al-Qaeda whom would benefit from the strikes would be allowed to be in charge over there.

    For you see you would be switching dictators with that? People may not be liberated at all with that?
    It's not up to us. It's not our fault whatever happens over there either. It really doesn't have anything to do with us. If Al Qaeda came to be in control, then we could deal with that at that time.

    Look at what's happening in over there. Take a look at the people who live there. The place is a hell hole. I want nothing to do with it.

  4. #484
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Uuuugggghhh... On the one hand, we're not the world's police and we shouldn't try to be. On the other hand, it is an evil thing to sit back and do nothing while innocent people suffer.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, we shouldn't. If the U.N. wants to authorize some sort of action where it would require multiple countries support in both troops and money, maybe. But not just the U.S.
    This. This would be a lot better. The world as a whole (or at least the more civilized parts of it) could be world's police, but not a single independent part of it. The U.N. should be doing this, not the U.S.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #485
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    when Sean Hannity and Dennis Kuchinich both oppose the USA going into Syria that ought to count for something



  6. #486
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    This. This would be a lot better. The world as a whole (or at least the more civilized parts of it) could be world's police, but not a single independent part of it. The U.N. should be doing this, not the U.S.
    Russia is making money selling bombs intended for civilians and totalitarian China really doesn't give a crap about atrocities at all.

  7. #487
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when Sean Hannity and Dennis Kuchinich both oppose the USA going into Syria that ought to count for something
    hah then it is a foregone conclusion Obama's gonna do it

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Uuuugggghhh... On the one hand, we're not the world's police and we shouldn't try to be. On the other hand, it is an evil thing to sit back and do nothing while innocent people suffer.



    This. This would be a lot better. The world as a whole (or at least the more civilized parts of it) could be world's police, but not a single independent part of it. The U.N. should be doing this, not the U.S.
    We do that all the time. We sit by while massacres occur all the time.

  9. #489
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's not up to us. It's not our fault whatever happens over there either. It really doesn't have anything to do with us. If Al Qaeda came to be in control, then we could deal with that at that time.
    That is a solution. But until then (and if Al-Qaeda wins over Assad, Russia, and Iran) you have escalation of human rights violations to tolerate. Recently it was gas. There are worse methods. Here I must leave you to your dark imagination.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look at what's happening in over there. Take a look at the people who live there. The place is a hell hole. I want nothing to do with it.
    Dear Christina, usually war zones are not covered in rose and other forms of flowers, nor does politeness and shiny Sun rays influences the joyest of moments in each residents hearts. It is usually a hell hole, and involves uggliness, and a lot of it. Should you not want anything to do with it you are lucky (unlike Syrian women) for you can just decide freely to stay away from it, and it will by most odds. You can even start from unsubscribing to this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  10. #490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    That is a solution. But until then (and if Al-Qaeda wins over Assad, Russia, and Iran) you have escalation of human rights violations to tolerate. Recently it was gas. There are worse methods. Here I must leave you to your dark imagination.



    Dear Christina, usually war zones are not covered in rose and other forms of flowers, nor does politeness and shiny Sun rays influences the joyest of moments in each residents hearts. It is usually a hell hole, and involves uggliness, and a lot of it. Should you not want anything to do with it you are lucky (unlike Syrian women) for you can just decide freely to stay away from it, and it will by most odds. You can even start from unsubscribing to this thread.
    And here you are, a person from another country, trying to push the United States into a war with Syria. This stupid military action is NOT going to accomplish anything. The only purpose for this is for Obama to try to not look like a fool. Too late for that I think.

    And another thing, don't you tell me to unsubscribe from this thread. I have more of a say of this than you do. I am a citizen of the United States.

Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •