View Poll Results: Should we go into Syria

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the red line has been crossed

    27 11.84%
  • No way Jose, not our problem

    201 88.16%
Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1019

Thread: Should we go into Syria

  1. #111
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Going in is easy. Getting out is the tricky part. If you go into a country uninvited by the ones controlling the govt, that's called war.

  2. #112
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,573

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    None of that matters. Military spending is one of the few true responsibilities of the federal government, unlike a lot of other areas the feds like to involve themselves with.
    Are you kidding me? A lot of that matters. Having a power does not mean that pork, waste, fraud and abuse are OK under that power. Nearly everytime a defense program is discussed it is political, rather than national security, interests that are allowed to prevail.

    Congress pushes for weapons Pentagon didn

    Daily Kos: NOW the military-industrial complex thinks the system is broken?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Are you kidding me? A lot of that matters. Having a power does not mean that pork, waste, fraud and abuse are OK under that power. Nearly everytime a defense program is discussed it is political, rather than national security, interests that are allowed to prevail.

    Congress pushes for weapons Pentagon didn

    Daily Kos: NOW the military-industrial complex thinks the system is broken?
    You can never understand my posts. Am I speaking in a foreign language to you? I'm talking about in comparison to entitlement programs which the other poster who I was addressing was referring to. IOW, military spending IS the feds responsibility while other types of entitlement program spending are NOT.

  4. #114
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    They see us as a paper tiger because our leader has no balls, no intelligence and no experience.

    An empty suit.
    Russia would like no more than to watch the US go into another country half way across the globe and further deplete our national treasures as well as the blood of our children.

    If Russia was smart they would support people of the "John Wayne," American war dog-bravado mindset. I am sure your service is appreciated. And when America has spent itself in to an abyss, with our last bullets spent defending people who just as soon see us burn in hell, then Putin, et al., might find the opportunity to pounce.

    What I hope Russia does see instead, is America returning to our shores to build up our military to heights never seen before, preparing for the day when we have to meet a REAL foe on the battlefield.

    It please me to see the poll now reflects less than 7% the people here are in favor of the John Wayne, American "Bad-Ass," war mongering approach. That's very encouraging. Perhaps the neocon mentality is finally being sent to the trash heap.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Going in is easy. Getting out is the tricky part. If you go into a country uninvited by the ones controlling the govt, that's called war.
    I'm very wary of intervening. A lot of times countries will beg for our help and then when all is said and done they adopt the attitude of "we hate you America, look what you've done to our country!" And then we're the bad guys.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Russia would like no more than to watch the US go into another country half way across the globe and further deplete our national treasures as well as the blood of our children.

    If Russia was smart they would support people of the "John Wayne," American war dog-bravado mindset. I am sure your service is appreciated. And when America has spent itself in to an abyss, with our last bullets spent defending people who just as soon see us burn in hell, then Putin, et al., might find the opportunity to pounce.

    What I hope Russia does see instead, is America returning to our shores to build up our military to heights never seen before, preparing for the day when we have to meet a REAL foe on the battlefield.

    It please me to see the poll now reflects less than 7% the people here are in favor of the John Wayne, American "Bad-Ass," war mongering approach. That's very encouraging. Perhaps the neocon mentality is finally being sent to the trash heap.


    The only reason to spend as much as we do on "defense" is to maintain empire.

    Obama has determined that we no longer will do this. Europe should be a little concerned with a resurgent Russia and a depleted USA.

    I wonder how much health care the European democracies will provide if they also need to provide their own defense...
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    As far as I can tell, that isn't true. Should doublecheck your sources.
    Where there's smoke....

    No it hasn't happened yet but it apparently has been discussed. I was merely pointing that out.

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Be especially wary of "news" you read on partisan sites, whether left or right.
    Condescension noted.

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think it's very wise given the current turmoil in the world. Why would I or anyone want a weakened military?
    Weakened? No. More efficient? More cost efficient? More transparently funded? Yes, yes and yes. No?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Weakened? No. More efficient? More cost efficient? More transparently funded? Yes, yes and yes. No?
    I wouldn't have a problem with cutting out the waste part, but I certainly don't want any skimping in order to fund an entitlement program.

  10. #120
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Should we go into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Somehow I don't think the French will be welcomed back

    Great Syrian Revolt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

    As for the OP the devil is in the details

    Pull an Iraq? No

    Pull a Libya? Yes

    Pull an Iraqi Kurdistan? Yes
    ...and you think we'll be more welcomed than the French?

    I really wish we could mind our own business for once. But whom am I kidding? Call the World Police. AMERICA - **** yeah!

Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •