View Poll Results: What is the reason that we see less and less Traditional Family Structure?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Affirmative Action Opened All the Right Doors...

    6 13.64%
  • Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

    4 9.09%
  • It is extremely complex issue...

    34 77.27%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 218

Thread: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

  1. #131
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Originally Posted by DeeJayH
    Because my daddy never hugged me
    Because my daddy never hugged me
    Because my daddy never hugged me
    Because my daddy never hugged me

    Because I am compensating for my shortcomings
    Because I am compensating for my shortcomings
    Because I am compensating for my shortcomings
    Because I am compensating for my shortcomings
    Above, Deejay attempts, unsuccessfully, to justify his existence.
    jane you ignorant slut ( i guess from your previous ignorance, i should point out, this line is from Saturday Night Live)
    that is from a commercial
    here is buy yourself a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    No, that is not "all".
    There is nothing "beneficial" to families, to children, to society, or to women themselves about women recusing themselves from contributing to the broader world of work and society and remaining unemployed.
    Most are not doing it by "choice" anyway, but for lack of state and federally-funded benefits and basic support services for working parents, which every other civilized nation in the world provides.
    Other nations recognize the value of women's contributions- beyond their biological functions, their ability to produce and nurture offspring, which they have always done and will always continue to do, regardless.

    Further, most mothers work, and this is also not a "choice" for very many of them, and there is nothing "beneficial" about social attitudes which suggest that they are failures rather than successes for working and raising children at the same time, or that children, families, or society in general would be better served if they just went away, or that they can best "contribute" by staying at home unemployed.

    It's bull****. It's misogyny.
    I urge women to reject it.
    if you think the state owes you for having kids
    why dont you just give your kids to the state to raise them for you
    so you can continue on your own selfish life
    while those responsible for your children coming into the world, the state, can care for them
    +
    you and those like you are exactly why the world, with all the advances in technology it has made, is falling apart

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Gosh, Deej... if you weren't already on the opposing side, I'd pay you to join it.
    With allies like you, who needs credibility?


  3. #133
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Gosh, Deej... if you weren't already on the opposing side, I'd pay you to join it.
    With allies like you, who needs credibility?

    dont worry
    when it comes to family values
    you have NONE

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  4. #134
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    wow the hostility on this thread
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Moderator's Warning:
    Why does Society Hate Families?  Part IIDeeJayH and 1069. Stop the attacks towards each other. If you want to continue this take it to the Basement.


    *Edit*

    Moderator's Warning:
    Why does Society Hate Families?  Part IIDidn't see the most recent attacks. The next one gets permenantly booted from the thread.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    I apologize, Cap'n (and anybody else who was offended), but I'm tired of hearing
    people accuse one another of trying to "justify" their lives.
    Nobody needs to "justify" jack****e, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sure everyone is doing as they see fit, and that's all the "justification" that's necessary.
    People need to quit judging, is what they need to do.
    If they were truly so deliriously happy with their own lives and choices, I doubt they'd be expending so much time and energy on judging the lives of others.

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I apologize, Cap'n (and anybody else who was offended), but I'm tired of hearing
    people accuse one another of trying to "justify" their lives.
    Nobody needs to "justify" jack****e, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sure everyone is doing as they see fit, and that's all the "justification" that's necessary.
    People need to quit judging, is what they need to do.
    If they were truly so deliriously happy with their own lives and choices, I doubt they'd be expending so much time and energy on judging the lives of others.
    Thank you 1069. You know, in general, I don't see any bad people here. I see people that live their lives in a variety of ways. No one better, no one worse. Just different. In my experience, judging another often occurs through the need to justify one's own decisions. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, just challenging you all to ask yourself this question: 'If I am happy with the choices I've made, and choices others have made are equally positive (for then) and harm no one, yet are different, then why do I feel a need to judge them?' Not directed at anyone, and I don't require an answer. Just some food for thought.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #138
    Boobie Jubilee
    Stace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Last Seen
    02-02-15 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,255

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Over here we've got Stace, attempting to "justify" why her lazy arse doesn't go out and get a job.
    You know what? I DON'T need to justify myself to you, but my boy is asleep and my husband's at work, so though I could certainly find other things to do, I'm sick of you putting down me and what I do, so I will.

    You think I just sit on my butt all day? Hardly. My son and I are up no later than 9 every morning, depending on what kind of night he had. He's teething right now, so he's got his good nights where he sleeps all the way through, and his bad nights where he whimpers in his sleep and then wakes up full out crying and requires comforting from me. He is still exclusively breastfed, and nursed on demand, so that takes up quite a bit of my day. We spend a lot of our day playing - right now we're working on getting him to sit up all by himself for longer periods, and he's doing real well with grasping objects and actually manipulating them to where he wants them. He hasn't quite got the hang of rolling over yet, but he's not overly fond of tummy time. He'll get there eventually, though.

    And when he's content to sit and play by himself, I'm cleaning. We're going to be moving in a few months, so I'm going through everything and figuring out what to do with the things that we don't want or need anymore. Some things just get tossed, but other things are worth at least a little money, so I spend time either posting them on eBay or on my forum for local mothers. I've got to vacuum at least every other day or so, because we have two cats and I don't want Noah to end up choking on cat hair or something. And let's not forget the amount of laundry that a baby generates!

    And when he's napping, or playing with his daddy, I'm still doing things to take care of my family, whether it be taking care of the finances, or cooking dinner, or out running errands.

    But hey, I make sure to take time out for myself, too. I have a website of my own to keep up with and I'm in the middle of redesigning that. I have a small business that I run off of it....it hasn't generated much income yet, but I'm not looking to make a fortune off of it. Vauge is kind enough to have a small advertisement here on this forum for me. I've also taken up sewing as a hobby, and once I get a little more confident in what I'm doing, I have hopes of selling a few of my creations - mainly custom sheets for Pack N Plays, and maybe for cribs if I can become proficient with working with the elastic.

    I also have a few other endeavors that bring in a little cash now and then. Again, it's not much, but at least I contribute a little money to our household...if nothing else, at least enough for us to have a fun treat every now and then.

    You know why I stay home with my son, rather than slave away at some job for 8+ hours a day? Because my son is the highest priority in my life. I worked steadily from age 15 right up until I got out of the military in late 2005. After I separated from the Air Force, we moved out here to Charlotte, and I WAS looking for employment. But then we found out that I was pregnant, and though I would have willingly worked at least through my pregnancy, it just wasn't meant to be, and my husband and I realized that I was MEANT to be at home. I BELONG here with my son, teaching him things, playing with him, comforting him, and providing him with love and security. Sure, money's tight just on my husband's police salary, but we make do. And we don't take a dime from the government - no welfare, no WIC, none of that. We've made a lot of sacrifices...but we WANTED to. We had always agreed that as long as we could manage it financially, I would stay home with our children. It's what we BOTH want for our family.

    And you know what? In a couple of years, when my son doesn't depend on me quite so much, I'm going back to school. I'm going to finish my degree, and then, who knows? Once Noah's in school himself, I just may put my degree to use, assuming that we haven't had another child by then.

    Want to know something else? I don't for one second regret staying at home. I'm not an overly social person, so I don't miss the interaction I'd get from a job like some people would. I meet up with other mothers around here, and that's interaction enough for me. I miss being able to go out and buy anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, but that's a small price to pay for providing the best home environment for my son. I watched my mom bust her *** working when my brother and I were younger, and I'm thankful that I don't have to do that. I'm thankful that I can spend as much or as little time with my son as I want, and I'm thankful that I'm not a slave to anyone else's needs or demands other than those of the people that need me the most - my family.

    Still think I'm lazy? I invite you to step into my shoes for a day and see if you feel the same. My life is certainly busy and fulfilling enough to suit my personality.

    It's not that I "won't" get a job, because I would in a heartbeat if we needed the income. It's that I don't NEED a job, because my family needs me more than any employer out there ever could....and I enjoy my role here at home as mother and wife far more than I could ever enjoy just being another employee.


    Alright....I'll step off of my soapbox now.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Good for you.
    Now accept that my life is perfect for me and best for my kids, and move the fvck on.

  10. #140
    Boobie Jubilee
    Stace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Last Seen
    02-02-15 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,255

    Re: Why does Society Hate Families? Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Good for you.
    Now accept that my life is perfect for me and best for my kids, and move the fvck on.
    Where have I suggested otherwise? I HAVEN'T. In fact....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post

    I applaud moms that work outside of the home. They definitely have it harder than us stay at home moms, since they have to go out and do their traditional job, and then manage to do everything else I do in between. But hey, that's what they chose for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    ...and some moms NEED to have a job besides being Mom...and that's totally cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    If that works for some people, that's great, but that's NOT what works for MY family. I'm obviously not the only one here that feels that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    It depends upon individual personality, goals, and desires. You say you enjoy work, so obviously you find a level of structure, happiness, and productivity in your work. So do I....only, my work is not done for anyone other than my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stace View Post
    But the point remains that stay at home moms are doing what is best for THEIR family, just like working mothers are doing what works best for THEIR family.
    There is no need to be so rude to me. I get that you have some kind of problem with me, which you're more than welcome to take up with me in a PM or down in the Basement even. But I'm not going to let that deter me from debating you. I have never once said that you're not doing what works best for your family. I have, however, been merely trying to get you to stop villifying those of us who have systems that work for us that are contrary to your own. You continue to put down stay at home mothers, though we have ALL said that we admire working mothers. We're just looking to have a little of our respect returned.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •