View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #941
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Why am I not surprised that you won't address the content of my post. (btw, I never argued for the DP for these kids. The only time I addressed it was to argue for DP in general)
    I already told you multiple times that I disagree. They are not adults. This was the furthest thing from an adult decision that I can think of.

  2. #942
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's because all of the money is being spent on appeals processes for those on death row. Did you read my link about CA? Please read it.
    The money is spent many ways...not just on appeals processes. How about getting people that can work but don't off of welfare programs? That would free up tons of money to build new prisons just by itself.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #943
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes and those experts also fully acknowledge that the brain does not fully develop until a person is in their mid to late 20's. And yet we have everyone over the age of 18+ making what is considered adult decisions all the time.

    So here is the choice you are left with going by your arguement. Since according to those same experts you talk about a persons brain does not stop developing until at the latest age of 29 then the law should reflect that and no one under the age of 30 should be allowed to be considered as an adult and as such no decision they make should be considered as adult decisions. Which could quite possibly release lots of murderers into our society with time served. Or you can accept the fact that children can, and do, make adult decisions.

    I can accept either answer as that would make my criminal record a non-issue and I am over the age of 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I already told you multiple times that I disagree. They are not adults. This was the furthest thing from an adult decision that I can think of.
    So you would opt for option A? Make the legal adult age 30?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #944
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    FACT is that they do not always make good decisions. Children learn from mistakes. Not that I'm classifying this incident as a "mistake"; I'm just noting that fact with children in general. I've raised a child. He is going on 18. I know what I'm talking about.
    The problem is that your argument transcends to adults. Adults learn from mistakes. I do this daily The reason I succeed is because I learn from my failures, especially in the sporting realm. I know what I am talking about as well... two children so I can double your experience plus I am a teacher for over ten years. I win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #945
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    You had me at "adult-like". No wait, I had you. Sorry.

    They are pretty good at playing house and dress-up I here as well, but I'm not writing them a mortgage and handing them a martini.
    I wouldn't write a ton of adults a mortgage either... and I am great at playing dress up too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #946
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, they should be punished, not killed. Why would anyone think it strange that I don't want the government to kill it's citizens? IMO, it's the opposite. Those people who are screaming that they want these kids to be killed are the strange ones.
    So you are against the DP overall then... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #947
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The problem is that your argument transcends to adults. Adults learn from mistakes. I do this daily The reason I succeed is because I learn from my failures, especially in the sporting realm. I know what I am talking about as well... two children so I can double your experience plus I am a teacher for over ten years. I win!
    Not if you think children and teens are on equal par with adults.

  8. #948
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    So you are against the DP overall then... right?
    Yes, unless it's a serial killer. They are an unusual and special case.

  9. #949
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What facilities are these? Please post links to back up your assertions.
    What..you want the addresses? Hell..I don't know where they are located and I don't care enough to go look....Do you deny that juveniles are placed in separate facilities?

    BOP: Juveniles in the Bureau

    Federal Juvenile Population

    Federal juveniles are a special population with special designation needs. Each juvenile is placed in a facility that provides the appropriate level of programming and security. Several factors are considered when making placements, such as age, offense, length of commitment, mental and physical health.

    Historically, the federal juvenile population has consisted predominately of Native American males with an extensive history of drug and/or alcohol use/abuse, and violent behavior. These juveniles tend to be older in age, generally between 17 to 20 years of age, and are typically sentenced for sex-related offenses.

    In fact, the federal government has unique jurisdiction over crimes in Indian Country and the most serious crimes committed on reservations tend to be prosecuted in federal court. As a result, most federal juveniles are Native American. Typically, federal juvenile offenders have committed violent offenses and have an unfavorable history of responding to interventions and preventive measures in the community. As a last resort, they are sentenced by the federal courts to the custody of the Bureau (BOP). Federal law does not provide aftercare supervision for BOP custody cases following release from residential programs.

  10. #950
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    ChrisL, not going to answer post 943?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •