View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #871
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How could anyone equate what these CHILDREN did as an "adult decision?" Is the world completely whacked or what?
    Is Chris Lane dead or what?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #872
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nope it doesn't. We have reasons to not want them among the living any more. Specifically to protect others from harm. As long as they live there is always a chance to do more harm. We on the other hand would never purposely for no reason or even for the "joy" (if there is such a thing) kill someone.
    It's murder, and premeditated too.

  3. #873
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    You're all nuts IMO.

  4. #874
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    No, and no.
    So choosing to kill someone "for no reason" is not an adult decision? Choosing to have sex is not an adult decision? Then what kind of decision is it? What would you tell your children in both cases?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #875
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,206

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sounds exactly what many if not all, serial killers do also. Are you saying that serial killers are children no matter their legal age? This is not about what age a person legally is. It is about thier decisions. Was the decision to kill an adult decision? That is the actual question. There are only two answers to it...Yes or no?

    The same applies for having sex. Is it an adult decision to have sex? Yes or no? And please note that I never said that making an adult decision makes one legally an adult.
    You are wrong. A child is legally and actually a child by reason of their developmental progress toward adulthood. They must be tried as a child because they did what they did using a child's mind. Not possessing an adult mind, it is impossible for them to make adult decisions. Trying a child as an adult is an abominable misuse of the legal system. A desire for suitable revenge is not a valid reason to maltreat a minor.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #876
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're all nuts IMO.
    What's nuts is giving 15 year olds a license to kill. Gangs will send them out in droves to do the murders.

  7. #877
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why should the 15 year old be tried as an adult? Because he was present when the shooting occurred?

    Just because "the law says so" isn't good enough for me. What if the "law" says they're going to put restrictions on your second amendment rights? You gonna roll over and be okay with that too?
    He was present and as I said might be reformable however it would be a narrow reed that would be extended. If I could write the law I would have him go thru juvie detention and at 21 he would be out but would have a parole of at least 10 years hanging over his head for him to maintain good behavior.

    A person should only be deprived of his right to own and bear a firearm after a fair trial shows he engaged in actions that would require it. I am of course against blanket bans against the citizenry.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  8. #878
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You are wrong. A child is legally and actually a child by reason of their developmental progress toward adulthood. They must be tried as a child because they did what they did using a child's mind. Not possessing an adult mind, it is impossible for them to make adult decisions. Trying a child as an adult is an abominable misuse of the legal system. A desire for suitable revenge is not a valid reason to maltreat a minor.
    At what exact age does a child's mind turn into an adult mine? What exact day does this thing happen?

  9. #879
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    At what exact age does a child's mind turn into an adult mine? What exact day does this thing happen?
    The last best work I heard put women at around 26 and men just under 29. Sounds about right I think.

  10. #880
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's murder, and premeditated too.
    Murdering someone is killing someone for self gratification or for no justifiable reason. Or do you consider someone shooting a child rapist in the act of raping a child murder? The Death Penalty has justifiable reasons and as such is not murder.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •