View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #741
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    More often than not, especially in high profile cases, the decision is based solely on political considerations.
    like when the state in the zimmerman case decided to go for murder II instead of some kind of manslaughter charge.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #742
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Because they all decided together to go do this, and actively pursued the victim together?

    It's not like they decided to follow him then only one pulled a gun and shot without the other's foreknowledge.
    Please post the link where it says the victim was "actively pursued." I read that the victim was jogging down the road when one of the boys shot him in the back. Is there evidence that the other two boys knew beforehand, or is this information included in the alleged confession?

  3. #743
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because I see no evidence to indicate these kids are anything other than your typical juvenile murderers. There is really nothing special or exceptionally heinous about this case, other than the fact that they ALLEGEDLY said they were "bored."
    Presuming the "bored" aspect is true: Then it is especially heinous... more so than even child molestation. At least the molester has a deep-seated sickness to explain their actions. The "bored" murderer doesn't even have that.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #744
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    especially those who claim that teens should NEVER be tried as adults.
    Some people just need an excuse for their hemorrhaging heart.

    It seems that the people who use brain development arguments as a basis for trying them as kids suffer from the same malady themselves.

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    especially those who claim that teens should NEVER be tried as adults.
    I'll admit that maybe "never" was an exaggeration, but only in cases of the most heinous of crimes should teens be charged as adults. I also clearly stated earlier in the thread that I felt something adjustments need to made to the juvenile system for such cases.

  6. #746
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Presuming the "bored" aspect is true: Then it is especially heinous... more so than even child molestation. At least the molester has a deep-seated sickness to explain their actions. The "bored" murderer doesn't even have that.
    How do you know the "bored" murderer isn't suffering from a mental illness? Simple answer, you don't.

  7. #747
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I would imagine that the victim being an Australian factors into it.
    I think that's what made it high-profile.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #748
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    like when the state in the zimmerman case decided to go for murder II instead of some kind of manslaughter charge.
    That was the state's gross negligence. I want to assume that the state never offered the defense with involuntary manslaughter, because I'm guessing that Zimmerman would've taken that. At least then there would've been something remotely considered a consequence for Zimmerman's actions.

  9. #749
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Please post the link where it says the victim was "actively pursued." I read that the victim was jogging down the road when one of the boys shot him in the back. Is there evidence that the other two boys knew beforehand, or is this information included in the alleged confession?
    They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: ‘There’s our target,’” said Police Chief Danny Ford. ”The boy who has talked to us said, ‘We were bored and didn’t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.’”
    from everything that has been reported so far, all three knew beforehand that the killing was going to take place.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #750
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    That was the state's gross negligence. I want to assume that the state never offered the defense with involuntary manslaughter, because I'm guessing that Zimmerman would've taken that. At least then there would've been something remotely considered a consequence for Zimmerman's actions.
    agreed
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •