View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #641
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    bull****. these "children" had plenty of time to "think about it" while they were planning their execution. you keep trying to paint these three turdballs as if they are just your average teenager and they are not.
    I am not trying to paint them as anything but minors, which they are. Besides, the death penalty has never been proven to be a deterrent. People who commit crimes like this don't think they'll be caught.

  2. #642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I read some of your comments, Chris.
    If you're serious, have you ever thought such sentimentality might contribute to the problem by obliquely excusing the actions and subsequently mitigating the punishment ... of which the perp is well aware and could contribute to his/her disregard for the consequences ... add to that his/her learned & self-taught hatred and you've got a volatile mix.
    Again, no because I don't think people who commit murders think they would be caught anyway.

  3. #643
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I am not trying to paint them as anything but minors, which they are. Besides, the death penalty has never been proven to be a deterrent. People who commit crimes like this don't think they'll be caught.
    people who commit crimes like this are highly unlikely to be rehabilitated. and why the **** do you keep bringing up the death penalty? that is not what this thread is supposed to be about.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #644
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Again, no because I don't think people who commit murders think they would be caught anyway.
    that or they are socio/psychopaths and just don't give a rat's ass.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    people who commit crimes like this are highly unlikely to be rehabilitated. and why the **** do you keep bringing up the death penalty? that is not what this thread is supposed to be about.
    The experts claim otherwise.

    Because people have been saying they'd like to see the kids put to death. That's why.

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that or they are socio/psychopaths and just don't give a rat's ass.
    Yeah, and that's for the experts to figure out, not you and others on an internet forum.

  7. #647
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The experts claim otherwise.
    prove it. and I mean prove that the experts claim that people who commit CRIMES LIKE THIS can be rehabilitated and not some general study covering any and all crimes.

    Because people have been saying they'd like to see the kids put to death. That's why.
    then kindly direct your death penalty comments to "those people" and not me.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #648
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yeah, and that's for the experts to figure out, not you and others on an internet forum.
    yourself included
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #649
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look, you are comparing the criminal mind with our government and us non-criminals. It's completely different to become a victim of a criminal than it is for our government to lock someone up behind bars and then kill them. It's crappy and I don't want my country killing it's citizens. You keep on saying that you aren't pro DP, yet keep making these comments.
    You need to step back and discern the difference between supporting a harsh punishment and supporting the DP. The post I was responding to this time, and my response, didn't even mention or imply the DP, yet here you are dragging it out again. In a previous post you said LWOP would be preferable. In a previous post... two, actually... I said LWOP would be preferable. Call me crazy, but it sounds like we agree on that part. Where we are disagreeing is the degree of culpability.

    This is the last time I will correct you on this point. I will continue to discuss culpability if I feel the need arises, and maybe even an appropriate punishment (LWOP!!!), but if you continue to be wrong in assigning me the DP angle you will have to be wrong on your own.

    Remainder snipped due to complete irrelevance to anything I have said.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #650
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yeah, and that's for the experts to figure out, not you and others on an internet forum.
    Unless you are one of these "experts", you have just disqualified your own opinion.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •